14' Alumacraft V-Hull Bomber

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrainCase

Reaction score
98c45548-fece-4b64-8508-5ee1909dffb4_zpsfhj2ndh0.jpg

14' Alumnacraft V hull with Stick Steer 25 Johnson Project

Just got the motor put on the boat and all the cables from one to another and its time to start getting to business on it. The idea behind the boat is a functional fishing boat and also a boat to just have fun on. I plan on building it up to resemble an old WW2 bomber and with the stick steer it'll have a good feel with the theme. Needs a decent amount of work and I'll be using this thread to help keep myself on track and also show the building process.

Left to do:

Build New Transom
Attach water pump
Clean and rewire electronics
Finish decking
Assemble Cockpit
Carpet
Install Foot Drive Trolling Motor
Install Stern Trolling Motor
Deck stern of boat

z4LukYq

QQ2mOfT

Trying to get an idea of what I'll be working with. Probably going to keep the seats and frame around them for structural support and just a lot easier working with them rather than aginst them. Current idea I have is to carpet the aluminum seats to reduce the noise of the wood frame against it. Is this a terrible idea?

I bought another boat that had the motor and some other equipment on it that is being transferred to this boat. My biggest hurdle on this is the electrical system. It's a mess and I have little experience in electrical set up. I'll probably find some guide on here that will be some help.

For the motor, I need to get it serviced just because it probably hasn't been touched in a while. It's stick steer and I plan on running the cable through PVC along the side and build a frame to support the stick. Actually a lot easier than I expected to deal with. The throttle will go on the right-hand side on some sort of console.

I am only slightly terrified of being so high up on this boat with the stick steer. I'm going to have the seat dropped lower but I do need it still to be comfortable when riding. Am I setting myself up for failure? I think that there would be some pretty good weight displacement with me up front and the stern weight.

Anyway, anything advice is welcome. First project boat

I rode in the back of a stick steer fiberglass once. It felt odd, like a suicide shift Harley, but I can see how it could be convenient if you avoid sharp turns. If resale value is a factor you might want to think about a tiller.

Latest posts