1980's Sea Nymph GLS 19.5

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeNymph

Reaction score
Hi All,
I picked up this boat/trailer/motor for $750 two summers ago, and for the most part, it's been a lawn ornament since. I'm fairly handy, but this project has been at the bottom of my list for a while.

nvw0d6J.jpg

The boat had been on a farm, and left uncovered for a long time. Decking was junk, Motor won't start, and as you can see it needs alot of TLC.

2dyFgkR.jpg

Like the moss?

M77yIoO.jpg

Bow configuration

I've finally started to make a concerted effort to get this done, and will document my build as it goes.

Last weekend I got 90% of the flooring out, and the passenger console. Not sure where my next steps will take me, really is up to the weather.

tVYW9cl.jpg

Thanks for reading - more to come!

Here are a couple shots during the dissasembly of the bow

OmRD2go.jpg

Foam was almost all good up front. The plywood top bench wasn't bad, that I used as a template - but the previous owner must have replaced this, because his bow bench wasn't symetrical, which I didn't realize until after i cut it out of the marine grade birch ply. I was able to get a template from the deck ply, but that was crumbling in my hands as I did it.

XGIUCYz.jpg

I like those boats. There's so much that can be done with them. You're getting a good start at the worst part of the job. Lol. Just make sure to put foam back in and don't use pool noodles for foam.

What are your plans for the rebuild?

Nice boat.

I have a 1985 Sea Nymph FM161 Fishing Machine I'm working on.

Have you looked at the transom yet? Mine was completely rotten. It fell apart like a pile of old mulch when I pulled it out.

If you're going to have any real issues, that's where you'll find them.

Latest posts