12' V Floor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuelh1987

Reaction score
Here is a simple idea for adding a floor to small V bottom boats. All I did was use the ribs as a guide and cut the plywood to match their shape. Plywood sits neatly on top. Very Little weight has been added by doing it this way and no framing was required. It also kept the COG down as low as possible while making it easier to move around. I use a basic bleacher seat for back support and steer from the center seat to aid in performance of the small boat. Very happy with the little rig.

Attachments

• KIMG1536.JPG
    KIMG1536.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,058
  • KIMG1537.JPG
    KIMG1537.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,058
Nice job. This is hugely helpful if you like to stand and fish like I do. I'm a big fan of drop in floors.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Now they're carpeted lol. Also, The blue bag up in the bow is a fantastic idea for additional storage in a small boat. It is attached to the gunnel with 2 snaps using the existing shoulder strap attachments. It's water resistant and quite large. The best part is that it is inexpensive on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01724Z466/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• KIMG1549.JPG
    KIMG1549.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 903
  • KIMG1548.JPG
    KIMG1548.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 902
Beautifully done.

Now, 'splain how you steer from the center seat, if you would, please. Is that black rod on the center seat some sort of extender to attach to the engine throttle?

Nice work.

You're spot on. That is a minnkota extension handle with a 42" piece of PVC pipe. PVC attaches to the extension with a coupler safety pin.

Got my benches covered and included some photos of the semi diy tiller extension, and bag I use up front.

Attachments

• KIMG1562.JPG
    KIMG1562.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 842
  • KIMG1557.JPG
    KIMG1557.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 842
  • KIMG1559.JPG
    KIMG1559.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 842

Latest posts