1982 14' Mirrorcraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tucker99

Reaction score
Gents,
Pics of the boat below. The seats are supported with angle on the sides of hull. Problem is the wood reinforcement in the benches where they mount to the aluminum angle are a bit rotted on both sides of all three seats. The middle seat and the aft seat are both touching and banging on the bottom ribs of the boat. Are the seats supported by the sides only or do they also use the ribs on the bottom for support? The bottoms of the benches and the ribs are dented from the seat banging on the ribs. Thanks Guys!

Attachments

• Mirro Craft 1.jpg
    Mirro Craft 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 346
  • Mirro Craft 4.jpg
    Mirro Craft 4.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 346
  • Mirro Craft.jpg
    Mirro Craft.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 346
they just hang off the brace fastened with 2-#10 and 1- 1/4" bolt...you may have to clamp the boat together to get the center bench out ,and measure how much it springs out...it should look like this

Attachments

• DSC01494.JPG
    DSC01494.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 327
That's exactly what it looks like. Little surprised that the side angles are the sole source of support. But...this is my first tin boat and I'm finding their strength relies on the sum of their parts.

Looking for something to cover the bench seats. I was going to come down about 2" on the front and back of the seats. What feels good on the tush? Regular outdoor carpet? Astro turf? Hydro turf? I would like to glue it directly to the aluminum bench seats. Use an indoor-outdoor mastic? Contact cement?

Latest posts