Tracker All Welded Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

still.eric

Reaction score
Hi All

Looking for my first boat, interested in Jon boats for their low price/maintenance and easy towing.

Really want to be able to run in brackish and salt, backwaters and channel/bay waters. Quite a few areas are really shallow in the places around Estero Bay, Sanibel and Captiva Islandsm. But there's also quite a bit of boat traffic with 30+ footers running full speed to deal with when Ill be going spot to spot.

What are your thoughts on a tracker 1648 or similar model?

https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=4596

I had a 1648 for a couple of years in the early 2000s. I built it out as a fishing boat. Front deck, rear deck, etc. Was a great little boat with a 25 HP mercury tiller. Could run pretty shallow.

I’ve got a tracker 1648 Mvx . It’s a tank of a boat. Solid to say the least. I fish the semi famous Chickahominy river in Williamsburg Virginia which is a sort of brackish ( lower river) depending on amount or rain. I have to stay on top of my anodes so I have no corrosion . I’m not a huge fan of running aluminum in salt but to each his own . A 25 would be a good choice . My boat will run about 20 with a 25.
I just picked up a 40 for mine which should put me about the 30 mark. They don’t draft a ton of water so shallow water is no problem . Ride is fairly dry and rides well for a mod v.

I have the 2018 Tracker 1648AWL (tiller model). The max HP rating is 40 HP. Its a heavy duty boat as stated before. Deep and wide and a 20" transom.
Also came with a flat floor, front storage area and deck. My 30hp Suzuki is a good companion and pushes it well.
I like it a lot.

Latest posts