First aluminum project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Action

Reaction score
This is my first aluminum boat....Been in a kayak but i'm getting older so just looking for maybe something eaiser.....so here we go...[ATTACH type="full" alt="Gregor first day.
jpg[/attachment
striped
][attachment=0]Gregor striped 7-11-20.jpg"]0[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Gregor first day.jpg
    Gregor first day.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 1,475
  • Gregor striped 7-11-20.jpg
    Gregor striped 7-11-20.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 1,475
Thanks.....someone at 1 time was pretty happy with the drill....also had some make shift live well so the wood on the transom didn't look great so I will be replacing that....I want to put 15" wheels on the trailer......I have a 20hp for it so im hoping for the best......Will be king of a low buck build....kind of...lol

Shoot, if you just put the seat tops back you have a classic looking boat that will be great on the water. Other than handling the maintenance items you really don't need to do much unless you want to.

I currently have 13" wheels on the EZ-Loader trailer carrying my 18' Gregor. I'm not sure what you currently have but going to 15" wheels might involve some clearance issues -- but I'm sure you already know that.

Anyway, I hope you will share the work progress on your boat.

I have a 14' gregor just like yours. I fixed her all up to how I like to fish. I dont bass fish so I did not need a platform up front. I mainly troll for kokanee and trout. Not sure how to rotate the pictures but if you click on them they are the correct orientation.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 682
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 682
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 682
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 682
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 682
Thanks, Jack. I didnt want to hijack your thread just saw we have the same Gregor. I love the fact that they are welded and not riveted. Good luck on your build. Keep this thread updated every once in a while. Where is CA are you in? I'm in livermore which is SF bay area.

Valley Springs......Yea this Gregor was pretty beat but I think it is worth saving....

oh nice, we fish the same lakes. I bought my boat from Collins lake. it was a rental boat for 15 years and was beat up! Hammered out a bunch of big dents. After prime and paint it came out way cleaner than I thought. My buddy went to Pardee and nailed kokanee limits last week.

I've been getting limits of rainbows at Camanche as late as last week. They have the typical copepods for this time of year. Didn't get out this week. I have yet to get to Pardee this year. I always enjoy that lake.

Anyway, I hope you keep posting updates on your Gregor project.

Take care.

Larry

I am mostly a bass fisherman but love Pardee.....Big bass in there but water is clear so it can be tough.....

My son and I went to Pardee yesterday for a big skunk. When we left early afternoon,the lady at the gate said she had heard of 5 fish only and two or three were bass. On the other hand, people were taking early limits of Kokes on Wednesday. Well, it was a beautiful day and we had a good time stopping in Clements at the the big red W for a burger.

Action said:
This is my first aluminum boat....Been in a kayak but i'm getting older so just looking for maybe something eaiser.....so here we go...Gregor first day.
jpg[/attachment
striped
][attachment=0]Gregor striped 7-11-20.jpg

Hi,
I see you’re local, I’m in Manteca was hoping to possibly talk with you. I have a 90 12’ Gregor and I want to tackle a few things. Let me know I’d be willing to calk or drive over to meet with you if possible

Mario

ebterrier said:
I have a 14' gregor just like yours. I fixed her all up to how I like to fish. I dont bass fish so I did not need a platform up front. I mainly troll for kokanee and trout. Not sure how to rotate the pictures but if you click on them they are the correct orientation.

Sorry was trying to find any other posts to had made about your boat, I am curious what material you used for the seats/decking in your boat? Looks to be pretty tough, slip resistant as well??