Need some wisdom!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janichols

Reaction score
I posted earlier about wanting to make this little boat more accessible for my friend. My mind hasn’t stopped running through Scenarios! The boat is about 14 foot long and 4 foot wide-aircraft aluminum 1946 crestliner. Would it be stable enough To build a platform across the two front bench seats, then I could install a swivel seat. This would allow an easier step off the dock onto a flat surface. I could frame it out in aluminum Topped with plywood and make it so that could be removed! That way if somebody wants to boat as original - It’s easy to convert it back. Wish I could just buy a new boat, but I really like this ole girl! Just don’t want to put too much weight into the boat and risk safety. Thanks in advance! I would also put an aluminum access grab bar like someone shared in my previous post
aa17e260ba47a72f41945edab1fd9d7c.jpg

c75e782eafce0b9d0756266faa7ff355.jpg

1bf644628ac960a0ff067cb516076013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will be really tippy. You are better off with a flatbottom boat if you want a step down like that.

Agree with it probably being really tippy, been there done that!
Since you are using s a dock, is there any way you could fabricate something to stabilize the boat while getting in and out of it, even a couple of tight ropes may limit the movement of the boat enough to safely enter and exit it.

Latest posts