'54 Feathercraft Favorite

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
You must be a registered user to be able to read the posts in this forum
catsmith

Post by catsmith »

Let the fun begin.

I bought a 1954 Feathercraft Favorite Model to fix up and use. I stressed over whether to go back original or make it more comfortable. After talks with my fishing partners, (my Bride and my Father), comfort rules.

It is a 15' hull rated at 15hp. We don't see hulls like this in Louisiana. Flatbottom rules here.

It came with a 15hp from the early 70s (?)..... have not tried it yet.

The plans are to replace all the wood, add some creature comforts, maybe paint it bright green (grandsons favorite color), fix up the trailer and fish as much as possible.

I like working with wood so maybe the creative juices will flow.

I will post updates as I go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

catsmith

Post by catsmith »

Yeah I know, I'm not getting the pics in any kind of order. I'll get the hang of it. Lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

catsmith

Post by catsmith »

Merry Christmas everyone. Had a couple minutes this morning. Got the rough cut done on the new transom. Still have to do final shaping and plane it to the correct thickness. Hope to get some work done this weekend.

catsmith

Post by catsmith »

Got some work done this weekend. The boat is clean. The transom and the "outside transom i don't know that to call it" are ready to install. I did a test run on a bench seat. I think I will make a copy of the bow mounted anchor pulley thingies. That one lasted a long time. Added a tounge jack. Need to add two foot of tongue.

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Going to be pretty with that wood.

Happy New Year!
Kis
Enjoy every sandwich

1955 Alumacraft Model A
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 08&start=0
1959 Alumacraft Model F
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=25386
1980 Alumacraft Model F7, 1955-56? Johnson 10hp
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35326
1956 Alumacraft Model RB
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=39249

catsmith

Post by catsmith »

The motor......

1976 Evinrude 15hp. It did not want to even try to start with fresh tank, gas, hose and bulb. So..... not being one to do things half way,......

I ordered a carb kit, fuel pump, impeller kit with housing and spark plugs. Should be in tomorrow.

k13west

Re: '54 Feathercraft Favorite

Post by k13west »

Looking great so far! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

2000 Smokercraft Lodge 15 - 2001 Yamaha F25 Tiller
1994 Koffler Driftboat 16X48

catsmith

Post by catsmith »

Some work has been done.

Seats are just dry fit. Still have work to do under them. The rear seat is a maybe. Not sure if the tiller handle is going to hit the seat. That is tabled till I can get the transom on again. The transom is tabled till I get the tounge of the trailer extended and the bunks replaced and the trailer painted.

The bow anchor thing is a maybe on the new one I made. Not sure I like it as is. The oak I used is from a broken kitchen table I found in a barn.

catsmith

Post by catsmith »

Started on the trailer. Won't be anything crazy. Extend the tongue, scrub it down, paint, new bunks. May add two more bunks????

Started on one of the paddles that came with the boat.

catsmith

Post by catsmith »

In Louisiana, this is considered a blizzard. I had plans to work sun and mon on the boat. Too dang cold....

catsmith

Post by catsmith »

Finally got the trailer back together. Then the transom and the motor plate. Have to pick up more hardware but it will hold the motor for now. Will probably put some polished aluminum plates on the areas the motor hits. Hate to mess up that pretty wood.

catsmith

Post by catsmith »

Finally got time to try out that idea for the floor. I probably have about 12 hours in these two panels so far. Being snowed in gives plenty of time to play.

Started out with rough cut planks, and realized when I took these pictures....... I made something that looks like pallets. 😆

akboats

Post by akboats »

I like that floor looks clean and different. Can't wait to see what else you do.
[-X McCullough

catsmith

Post by catsmith »

So I stimulated the economy.....

2020 15hp elec start.

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Looking very nice. What happened with the '70s 15hp Evinrude? When last we heard from our hero, it was awaiting tune-up and impeller parts.

Be safe.
Kis
Enjoy every sandwich

1955 Alumacraft Model A
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 08&start=0
1959 Alumacraft Model F
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=25386
1980 Alumacraft Model F7, 1955-56? Johnson 10hp
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35326
1956 Alumacraft Model RB
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=39249