Hi can anyone help with a polar Kraft eagle 15 mod v.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attwanl

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I haven’t been on much since I sold my tin boats few years ago......I know not one of my wiser choices.
But I got a surprise on Christmas.... my wife got me a boat!!!
It is definitely a project boat
508CC815-91B3-4127-B1D0-C4A1270B7178.jpeg
It is a Polar Kraft mod v, eagle 15
3F8C1EEF-95C9-4FE5-9D26-50DD972298DA.jpeg
Can anyone tell me what the cut outs in this piece just before the splash well.
634B0B5B-2F0D-4018-9E89-18C9A356A32D.jpeg
Is this a factory install or is this home made trim tabs?
I’ve got a bunch more questions but I’ll ask them later.
Thanks

097230D4-39EB-4FB6-9B6B-270D025B265E.jpeg

I’m going to be riveting the floor pan back in, should put something in between the rib and the floor pan for vibration or just go metal to metal?

That is an interesting boat. The double rail may be for strengthening the sides since no middle seats like my polar kraft had. The setup across the back was probably for a seating setup, possibly pneumatic, or a rod holder bar. Probably a version of trim tabs on the angle pieces. Yes, I would use something between the floor and the ribs, possibly rubberized bed liner painted on.

Looks pretty solid and surely something for you to build on and make your own. I'm in the process as well, took time off from it to focus on hunting and take care of other necessary projects. Once my transmission issue is resolved with my truck I'll have mine back in the garage to get ready for spring. Good luck with your's!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input bplayer
I’ve read about the double rail on a few other threads, but never seen any.
I think I will put something the ribs before the floor pan.
Send some pic of your project.

This is where mine started. I've replaced the wood in the transom, removed the middle seats, modified and welded bracing and welded up leaky rivets and most all the holes in the rear seat and front deck. Still a bunch left to do... biggest of which include raising the transom height for a long shaft outboard and framing for a flat floor. It will look a bit different when I'm done for sure.
9617e5b981f81f157884750565055947.jpg

I hope yours is a bit better built than mine. Been going through some big mods on mine and I'm finding the side support ribs are at different angles and spacings, then found this tonight... the port side of the rear bench is riveted a full inch higher than the starboard. Must've been a Friday build.
6417d4baa2ad37d835847284cf15c3c8.jpg

91E13253-E3FC-4F56-A7B1-F14D111854B4.jpeg
I’m close to putting it in the water, waiting on parts to come in.
Mine must have been built on the same Friday.
At the transom left corner bracing takes a dive towards the center were the gunwale meet the transom. It’s also about a inch out.

Attachments

• BA776968-B76B-499F-89A7-09445D157466.jpeg
    BA776968-B76B-499F-89A7-09445D157466.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 263
Yeah, I'm not ocd, but once something like that is noticed it's hard to not fix it. Mine is getting close too, about a week out. Have to weld on a elevated deck I made then it'll be ready to test run again.
9bba81a9b5a76fd4c28df1795534aa25.jpg

Attwanl said:
Hi everyone

634B0B5B-2F0D-4018-9E89-18C9A356A32D.jpeg
Is this a factory install or is this home made trim tabs?
I’ve got a bunch more questions but I’ll ask them later.
Thanks

For what it is worth, my boat (Gregor) has those trim tabs. Installed at the factory. Mine were welded on.

I am looking at the pics you posted earlier today. That is a heck of a nice looking rig. Time to get some fish guts & slime on it! haha.

For what it is worth, my boat (Gregor) has those trim tabs. Installed at the factory. Mine were welded on.

I am looking at the pics you posted earlier today. That is a heck of a nice looking rig. Time to get some fish guts & slime on it! haha.
[/quote]

Yours were a factory tab, I’m glad you wrote, I was debating whether to put them back on or just fill the holes. I put them back on .... I figured can’t hurt and somebody put them on for a reason in the first place. I didn’t think it would have been factory.

bplayer405 said:
Yeah, I'm not ocd, but once something like that is noticed it's hard to not fix it. Mine is getting close too, about a week out. Have to weld on a elevated deck I made then it'll be ready to test run again.
9bba81a9b5a76fd4c28df1795534aa25.jpg

I know what ya mean.... it’s like a neon light now that I noticed it’s out of square. I’m going to try and ignore it, it would be a hard fix to fix it right. I measured and they slow got off welding in the ribs about a quarter of the way back. Couldn’t measure under the rear casting deck. It’s welded in with foam blocks in them. I don’t think you would ever notice performance wise on a boat like this. Wish I wouldn’t have noticed it hahaha.

am looking at the pics you posted earlier today. That is a heck of a nice looking rig. Time to get some fish guts & slime on it! haha.

Yep I can’t wait to take it out. And get some slime on it, LOL, waiting on parts