Aluminum boat paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rookie1719

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just looking for some advice/recommendations for my project. I’m basically spending these Covid lockdown days (Ontario) getting ready for the 2021 Fishing season. I going through with a transom rebuild and installing a floor of some kind. But I was wondering since I have the time, I’ll repaint the boat.

Has anyone repainted the interior of their boat? Maybe with the rubber coating ?

Trying to upload photos but for some reason I never can on here. TIA!

Every renovation I do on an aluminum boat, and I've done quite a few, I use Porch and floor enamel from one of the big box stores. I do all of the interior with just the paint, then when I get to the floor I add in some of the non-slip additive. In fact I just picked up a boat I did in 2010. I'd say the floor was still about 80% covered, the sides were 90-95% still covered.

MDCrappie said:
Every renovation I do on an aluminum boat, and I've done quite a few, I use Porch and floor enamel from one of the big box stores. I do all of the interior with just the paint, then when I get to the floor I add in some of the non-slip additive. In fact I just picked up a boat I did in 2010. I'd say the floor was still about 80% covered, the sides were 90-95% still covered.

Okay - I found some videos that show how some are done. My issue right now is deciding how much flooring I’ll add. Then non slip is a great idea. But I’ll search that paint too thanks!!

I just ordered the primer for Tuff coat Marine, with that they are sending me samples of the rubberized paint. So I can pick out the texture. Doing splatter on the flooring and casting decks.
Here’s the link ...a lot of colors too.

https://tuffcoatmarine.com/

You can do this with a drywall hopper gun, but I think I would waste more paint in the hopper gun than what I would get on the boat. My boat is small and I’m only doing the floor and the little casting deck in front and rear. So I’m going to play around different brushes and thickness of paint and try the ...fleck, fling and sling method. I hope to get some where in between these.
C3A8AFB0-2A93-4F9F-9241-81971714AEBE.jpeg[ATTACH type="full" alt="

[attachment=0]68383764-BF44-436B-B3CC-C4118F7FFBF7.jpeg"]1[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 68383764-BF44-436B-B3CC-C4118F7FFBF7.jpeg
    68383764-BF44-436B-B3CC-C4118F7FFBF7.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 274

Latest posts