Hull support

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rookie1719

Reaction score
Hey everyone real quick one ... I’m not a fan of removing the middle bench. But I’m trying to build something for my rods ... I’m notoriously known for breaking one each year.

See photo ... if I run two rectangle compartments (8-10 inch wide) is that enough hull strength ? I would replace the foam in the compartments + under the low floor I made for it.

Just don’t want to lose that structural strength to the point it flex badly. Thanks :D

Attachments

• AF68D594-A7A9-4AC9-AADE-4152C1AD7F1D.jpeg
    AF68D594-A7A9-4AC9-AADE-4152C1AD7F1D.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 219
Are you planning on attaching it to the side of the hull also? Looks like it will be ok to me.

Are you planning on attaching it to the side of the hull also? Looks like it will be ok to me. You could just get some holders to attach to the side of a bench that will hold your rods vertically. It would save a lot of weight, they'd be out of the way and you'd have better access to them without having to worry about sacrificing any hull integrity.

If they are fastened tight to the floor, and the floor has transverse stringers under it, should be okay.

The sides really need to be tied together across the middle somehow, to keep them from bowing out and buckling.

eeshaw said:
Are you planning on attaching it to the side of the hull also? Looks like it will be ok to me.

Yes. Frame a box which would be fastened to the floor plus I’d add two or three more supports from the side to the box.

Latest posts