Baptistpreach's 1436 Monark -100% 8/14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baptistpreach

Reaction score
I'm following pretty closely to what member PBW did with his, and when I'm done its gonna be quite a catfish and crappie rig. (of course I fish for bass too!) Anyhow, here's what it looked like when it started!DSC01728 (Medium).JPG
DSC01714 (Medium).JPG

And this is what it looks like finished (minus the lettering which can be seen on the last page)
DSC03931 (Medium).JPG

looks like you should be able to make you a pretty nice boat.. can't wait to see the end result

Yes, its dented, I guess his son in law did that accidentally, but it has no leaks and I couldnt beat the price $250 for the boat, trailer, and a trolling motor!

btw, Thanks for the compliments, but I was hoping for some more encouragement to mod it! I'm too far committed to stop now!

First thing I did was coat most of the inside with spray on bedliner. Why you might ask? Well, because I heard it might help keep the boat sealed (probably not), it gives good grip, and because I think it looks cool! I also included some pics of what the floor looked like before. I washed the boat out at the car wash and let it dry before I did any of the spraying. While the true practicality of the bed liner may be in question, it did wonders for the appearance of my boat!

Attachments

• DSC01748 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01748 (Medium).JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 10,066
  • DSC01752 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01752 (Medium).JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 10,066
  • DSC01751 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01751 (Medium).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 10,065
  • DSC01756 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01756 (Medium).JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 10,069
  • DSC01748 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01748 (Medium).JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 10,070
  • DSC01763 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01763 (Medium).JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 10,066
Then I started to build my supporting frame for the front deck. I've never worked with wood before, so this was definitely a learning experience, but I'm really liking it!

Attachments

• DSC01768 (Small).JPG
    DSC01768 (Small).JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 10,071
  • DSC01769 (Small).JPG
    DSC01769 (Small).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 10,069
  • DSC01770 (Small).JPG
    DSC01770 (Small).JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 10,070
Here's the pics of the current state of the boat. I unscrewed everything that had screws (not really very much) and water proofed all the wood 3 or 4 times. I then went back and secured every thing firmly, added the three horizontal cross supports and one more middle vertical support. Every support has four screws, everything is level, and next I will cut my deck for the front and take it out for a water stability test to determine where I'm going to mount my front seat, which will then determine how I do my storage. I've also included a picture of the rough idea for my rear deck with the storage / livewell added. I want to see how the boat will run with that much water weight in it. If it can work though, it will be a HUGE livewell!

P.S. the tool that is laying on picture 22 is a 90 deg. tool that was very valuable to drill my supports in on some tight areas!

Attachments

• DSC01825 (Small).JPG
    DSC01825 (Small).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 7,758
  • DSC01823 (Small).JPG
    DSC01823 (Small).JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 7,753
  • DSC01822 (Small).JPG
    DSC01822 (Small).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 7,759
Your boat is looking good.
Other then a square never heard of a 90 degree tool.
I see another boat in the background,looks to be fiberglass with side console?

Yes, its a fiberglass with a 50hp motor, I'm doing my best to sell it though! After I sell it, I'm gonna be looking for a 9.9 or another decent sized motor to put on my jon!

baptistpreach said:
Yes, its a fiberglass with a 50hp motor, I'm doing my best to sell it though! After I sell it, I'm gonna be looking for a 9.9 or another decent sized motor to put on my jon!

Have you listed it in the for sale section with a location?

No, I havent, is there a charge to do that?

Also, PBW, or anyone who's done what I'm doing, when you get your deck cut to fit, how do you secure it to the frame?? Do you just run screws into the supports from the top, and then cover it all with glue and carpet? Or is there a different way?

Thanks and I (finally) rough cut the two main pieces for the front deck, and I must say, it took WAY too long! :roll: Anyhow, I'm going to try and work on getting the proper template cut for front deck and then jigsaw it, and we've got a Fall Festival the church Monday night, but who knows MAYBE I can get it done tomorrow, time will tell!

I also bought one of those 90 degree tools to screw the screws in tight places. They work pretty good. Your doing a nice job on your mod. Keep the pic coming.

baptistpreach said:
No, I havent, is there a charge to do that?

Also, PBW, or anyone who's done what I'm doing, when you get your deck cut to fit, how do you secure it to the frame?? Do you just run screws into the supports from the top, and then cover it all with glue and carpet? Or is there a different way?

Thanks and I (finally) rough cut the two main pieces for the front deck, and I must say, it took WAY too long! :roll: Anyhow, I'm going to try and work on getting the proper template cut for front deck and then jigsaw it, and we've got a Fall Festival the church Monday night, but who knows MAYBE I can get it done tomorrow, time will tell!

Completely free on this forum.

Latest posts