2011 Jig fishing challenge

Welcome to the Fun house. Often imitated, never duplicated.
fish devil

Post by fish devil »

:twisted: Good stuff guys. Keep them coming. =D>
ImageImageImageImage

Queencitybassman

Post by Queencitybassman »

Contest is helping me develop my jig fishing skills... takes patience but i will not throw any other lure until i catch at least one on a jig. Honestly most i forgot to take pictures but here are some.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lswoody

Post by lswoody »

Ok, I maxed out the number of pics I could put on my original post, so I'm starting another. Starting from the bottom, these 4 were all caught on an All Terrain 1/4 oz. jig in green pumpkin color. Caught this next one while out with my wife and son. Caught it on an All Terrain 1/4 oz. swim jig in green pumpkin color.These next 2 were caught today on an All Terrain 1/4 oz. green pumkin swim jig. This next one was caught on a red/black Hawg Caller jig. These next 2 I got while in my canoe on West Point Lake, got them on an All Terrain 1/4oz. swim jig in green pumpkin color. These next 3, I caught with a 1/4 oz. Hawg Caller jig in brown/orange color. Ok the next 3 were also caught with a 1/4oz. Hawg Caller jig in brown/ orange color. These next 2 I got on a 1/4 oz. Hawg Caller jig in brown/orange color. These next 2 were caught on an Arkie jig in green pumpkin/smoke color in 1/4 oz. Fished a friend's pond today and got these 2 guys on an Arkie jig in green pumpkin/smoke color and 1/4 oz. And the last 3 were caught on a 1/4 oz. Arkie jig in green pumpkin/smoke color
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lswoody on 25 Jun 2011, 23:15, edited 6 times in total.

huntinfool

Post by huntinfool »

So does this contest go on thru today? If so I am going fishing.

Popeye

Post by Popeye »

huntinfool wrote:So does this contest go on thru today? If so I am going fishing.
No, this is Memorial Day.

According to the first post by Jim:
Jim wrote:Contest starts now(this year....2011) and ends at the end of the Labor day weekend.

The next time won't be the first time I've made the same mistake twice.
All the romance of fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?

huntinfool

Post by huntinfool »

D'oh I got the holiday's mixed up. I went again this morning and caught a few more. Just need to get them off my phone and on here. BB soon.
Ok I am maxed out on my 1st post also. So here are a few more.
310.jpeg
313.jpeg
316.jpeg
331.jpeg
334.jpeg
337.jpeg
Gonna head back out there this afternoon. Well I went out for a bit and caught a couple more. I could get used to this.
359.jpeg
362.jpeg
369.jpeg
Hopefully more to come. I might head back out for the last hour or so tonight. Right now the wind is blowing 15-20mph. It has been blowing like this for almost 3 months. Never seems to let up.
Oh btw I caught these on a Booyah jig. (academy for $.88) I added a big craw on a natural brown and yellow with a red glitter strips.
Caught three last night. Academy's tournament choice jig. 3/8 oz, with a craw trailer. Black and blue.
391.jpeg
394.jpeg
397.jpeg
Been working like crazy lately, so I decided I was heading to the lake. Went to my usual spots only to not find the weed beds that are normally there. We still managed a few. Then we went to my go to spot. Only a couple there also. So I decided what the heck. I might as well try the jig. BANG! We really started getting into them. We lost a few but managed a great day. Here are the ones I remembered to take pics of.
400.jpeg
403.jpeg
406.jpeg
409.jpeg
412.jpeg
415.jpeg
I caught these on a Booyah 3/16 oz. Brown with red metal flake and a craw trailer.
Might head down to the bayou later tonight.
Last edited by huntinfool on 05 Jun 2011, 14:00, edited 5 times in total.

dj722000

Post by dj722000 »

Jim wrote:
bearsphan3.14 wrote:I assume jig heads with tubes or hula grubs style baits count
Like this?......yes!

Let me think about the Tube one. :-k
So what we come up with on the tube? Or did I miss it in here somewheres? Doesnt really matter, I'll just put a worm on it.

Wished I would have found this earlier, I always use these right after a major cold front goes through, like today, caught three right of the bat.

Popeye

Post by Popeye »

It's not too late, go back with your camera and catch some more.

All the romance of fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

dj722000

Post by dj722000 »

Planned on it, just had to come back for a bit. Then I am right back out there.

huntinfool

Post by huntinfool »

Thought I would mention a couple things that I have found out these last few days while fishing the jig. You can't set the hook too hard. I lost a couple fish after I thought I had set the hook real hard. Sometimes the bass like it better when the jig is not actually making contact with the bottom. Sometimes I would throw it in the water and before it hit the bottom I would twitch the rod a couple times and then they would hammer it. I did some sight fishing today and in water that was only a few inches deep I could see a bass, I pitched the jig in and sure enough he hit it. Other areas I fished the water was a couple feet deep and I could see the bass swiming around. I would pitch the jig in and they would swim right up to it and follow it, but would not hit it. If I moved the bait they would continue to follow, but if I stopped it, they would just swim off. I don't know what I could to to entice them into striking, but I am open to suggestions.

Also in the past I have caught an almost 10lbs bass in this bayou, along with an 8 and a couple 6's and several 5's. However they have been working on the bayou and messed it up and for the last 3 years there have not been many large fish. This morning I got bit with a jig by a large fish in the same metal pipe in the water that I caught all of these big fish in. However when it hit the jig it immediately charged back into the pipe and I could not get it turned out. The line hit the edge of the pipe and I broke off. This fish pulled drag and I would venture to say it was at least 6lbs, but it could have been bigger. Also one day I caught about a 12lbs yellow cat in this pipe on a Zoom lizard. I don't know what it was, but it was big. (I know, I know, another big fish that got away story)

fender66

Post by fender66 »

Fished a jig quite a bit this weekend. Couldn't find a fish to save my life. #-o
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

Popeye

Post by Popeye »

I danced a jig and looked like a fish out of water... Does that count?

fender66

Post by fender66 »

Popeye wrote:I danced a jig and looked like a fish out of water... Does that count?
Please....DON'T post pics. :wink:
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

huntinfool

Post by huntinfool »

fender66 wrote:
Popeye wrote:I danced a jig and looked like a fish out of water... Does that count?
Please....DON'T post pics. :wink:
X2 :wink:

Popeye

Post by Popeye »

You're safe. Don't have any pictures... Video, yes; pictures, no.