June 2012 Member Monthly Giveaway - Winner Gramps50!

Welcome to the Fun house. Often imitated, never duplicated.
S&MFISH

Post by S&MFISH »

Gramps50 wrote: have considered going to RT66 and put in there just haven't done it yet.
Not sure you would get too far with the Meramec being as low as it is. Just downstream it's mostly riffles,and upstream near the 109 bridge it gets shallow again,1-2ft when near normal, I was shocked how shallow it was when I went there last fall. Have you been up to the NEW Old Hwy 30 bridge to fish the ledge? I want to try that out,but have not been able to get around to it.Maybe get to it middle of next week. Depends on where I'm working. I'll shoot you a PM when I know for sure, probably after 4pm.
ANOTHER ONE OF THE "JET" GUYS
WISHIN' WE WAS FISHIN'-----Steve & Margaret (B.A.S.S.--NAFC--NSMC--AnglersLegacyAmbassador--"Just Goin' Fishin' ")

Gramps50

Post by Gramps50 »

S&MFISH wrote:Not sure you would get too far with the Meramec being as low as it is. Just downstream it's mostly riffles,and upstream near the 109 bridge it gets shallow again,1-2ft when near normal, I was shocked how shallow it was when I went there last fall. Have you been up to the NEW Old Hwy 30 bridge to fish the ledge? I want to try that out,but have not been able to get around to it.Maybe get to it middle of next week. Depends on where I'm working. I'll shoot you a PM when I know for sure, probably after 4pm.
I stopped at Rt66 a couple of weeks ago when I was at 6 Flags on Memorial Day, the majority were putting in and going to the mouth of the Big, the one bunch I was talking to were in a little 12' with a 15 hp. The river looked good going up stream. I think the mouth to the Big is before you would get to the Hwy 109 bridge.

I used to fish the bank just up from the old boat ram in Mini Haha and caught a lot of drum and car out of there. There is suppose to be a couple of good cat holes in that area tool

You probably could but I'm not sure I can get out in the river from GW it's pretty low.

Give me a holler I'll meet you down there.
--- Gramps
1985 1651 Polar Kraft 20 hp Mercury
HB 597 ci HD DI

S&MFISH

Post by S&MFISH »

I was thinking about Tues. Mon. is our last day tearing off at Mehlville High,don't want to go after that,I'm pretty grubby and pitch-burned after tear-off. I'll give you a holler Mon. night to set up something.Boat is cleaned up and batteries are charging as I type this.
ANOTHER ONE OF THE "JET" GUYS
WISHIN' WE WAS FISHIN'-----Steve & Margaret (B.A.S.S.--NAFC--NSMC--AnglersLegacyAmbassador--"Just Goin' Fishin' ")