2008 Labor Day Back to school tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
This Tournament is for the kids. To mark the end of summer vacation we are going to have a participation tournament for the kids. All members young kids are eligible.

Species: Sunfish
Rules:
Ages - 3-13
Tournament starts Friday August 29, 2008 and ends Monday September 1,2008. All fish must be caught within this time frame. I trust you guys :wink:
Post the pictures here as you catch them. All pictures must be received by Tuesday 8PM Eastern.

PLEASE SIGN UP HERE WITH LITTLE ANGLERS NAME SO I CAN HAVE AN IDEA ABOUT PARTICIPATION.

Sept 22, 2009. Is the last day to sign up for this one.
To be eligible, young angler must pose with fish. Bonus points will be awarded if Tinboats member, little Angler and fish are in picture. Help casting and reeling in is allowed.

Winners (Any child who posts a picture) will receive a participation ribbon and a package of worms.

Categories:
Everyone wins in this tournament. :D

I'm doing this to bring families together. Family time together is getting shorter and shorter with everyones busy lifestyles, and I feel it is the most important thing to stick together. :beer:

Participants:

Member - Child
Jim - Steven
Jim - Marianna
G3_Guy - Cameron
G3_Guy - Colvin
(alumacraftjoe) - Nicholas
(alumacraftjoe) - Taylor
(alumacraftjoe) - Daylen
DahFISH-Max
DahFISH -Mason
FishingBuds-Shawn
FishingBuds-April
Acarbone624 -Anthony Jr
Acarbone624 -Vanessa
Fishingcop - Joey
KeMiCaL -Darian
backpain -backpain jr.
Zum - Sam
Zum - Natasha (maybe)
BLK Fisher - Kevin
BLK Fisher - Michael
Captain Ahab - Alex
Legbrkr - Joey

Disclaimer: Anything can change because. 8)

Final Results:
G3_Guy - Cameron
G3_Guy - Colvin
(alumacraftjoe) - Nicholas
(alumacraftjoe) - Taylor
(alumacraftjoe) - Daylen
DahFISH-Max
DahFISH -Mason
Acarbone624 -Anthony Jr
Zum - Sam
BLK Fisher - Michael
Legbrkr - Joey

Did I miss anyone?

As soon as I hear from BLK fisher I will order the trophies. :beer:

The baits have been ordered. I asked Bassaddict to make me a variety pack consisting of 2 baits each of our favorites. :beer:

tournament_baits.jpg

Attachments

• 2008LDT.jpg
    2008LDT.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2,968
Yea! Thats what they said when I told them what they get to do :D

FishingBuds-Shawn is 10

FishingBuds-April is 8

Lets have some Fun :D

Good idea Jim,

Good luck to everybody who participates. I unfortunately will not be at the lake that weekend. :beer:

awesome idea jim,,my son loves it when we go out fishing together, i guess he must be loving our father and son bonding time,, ill let him know right now, as were watching the rays game,,lol go RAYS!!!!

(KeMiCaL) = Darian 8yrs old

My son Sam 11
Daughter Natasha is a maybe,shes 13 and already getting harder to get to go:(

I am entering myself (I am of the mental age of an 11 yr old after eating two bowls fo Sugar Bomb ceral) and my nephew Alex (who puts up with me :D )

FishingCop said:
Fishingcop and cousin's grandson 4 year old Joey are in

Okay, as of yesterday, my cousin (name withheld) is a member (lurking out there with no posts yet) - "legbrkr" I think it is?? (some of you might remember the past posts regarding her broken leg and subsequent nameing of our boat...the "Leg Breaker") Just for an update for those who do remember, she hd the two plates and numerous screws removed on Monday - a year later from the original surgery. She's doing fine and will be back on her feet (literally) in aboout 5-6 weeks.

In any case, I defer my submission of me and her grandson Joey to her - she should be the member entrant along with her 4 year old grandson.

Of course, I'll be close by to give some fishing tips on how to catch the big panfish :lol:

Thanks FishingCop, but I think you're bowing out a little early! Who's going to get the little guy down to the lake so he can fish?

Oh yeah, I forgot, you are still on crutches - but won't you be all better by then??????? If not, I guess I can carry you and Joey down to the lake... (one at a time of course, and I might need some help with you :) :)

Oh, and congrats on your first post and ---welcome aboard 8)

Dang, been so busy at work lately I forgot it coming up! Good luck to all the entrants! 8)

I also didn't even realize it was a long weekend until my wife reminded just a little while ago. CRS must be settin' in pretty good now :shock:

Latest posts