1st Annual Tinboats.Net Labor Day weekend Tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Here it is folks. The Last tournamanet of 2007 for Tinboats.Net. If things go as planned and we get more active members and the site is still up and running, I will try to do 3 of these a year. Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July Weekend, and Labor Day Weekend. Now, back to this Tournament.

Dates: This Tournament is going to start Thursday August 30, 2007 at 8:00 PM and ends Monday September 3, 2007 at 8:00 PM. That gives you more than 3.5 days to catch some fish.

Species: Largemouth,Smallmouth Bass, and Spotted Bass

Bait used: ANYTHING GOES with this one. Use your go-to bait, use something new, makes no difference this time.

Rules: Like the last time, a secret item must be included with a picture of your fish, and that item will be announced Thursday night August 30th around 8PM. This is mandatory.

This time we are going to try something different. No one can talk about their fish or post pictures untill Monday September 3, and all pictures must be in by 8:00 PM on Tuesday September 4. The suspence will be killing everyone...I know.

On Monday you can submit as many pictures as you want, BUT only your biggest will count.

I will choose the winner, and If I cant decide who's fish is the biggest, It will be cast to vote.

Prizes: The winner gets a super fancy plaque (LOL!) like our current reigning champ JustfishN. The winner will also receive 2 $25 dollar gift certificates. One from TackleWarehouse, and one from PCBAITS.

Above all I reserve the right to change anything I want at anytime in regards to these Tournaments.

The sign up deadline for this Tournament will be August 24 at 8PM. Just reply to this post if your in.

If I missed anything, or you can think of anything, PLEASE PM me. :D

Good luck boys and girls! :D

1, Redbug
2, G3bassman
3, Texasbasser
4, Esquired
5, RnRcircus
6, Bassboy1
7, Fishhog
8, Cjensen
9, Gamefisher
10, rdneckhntr
11, Zman
12, Icefisher15
13, MissouriBassin
14, fishnfever
15, Justfishn
16, FishinsMyLife317
17, pbw
18, shinerman77
19, Bassaddict1976
20, whj812
21, joe bag o donuts

The Item that must be included in the picture is a Penny or small copper colored coin.

Great contest, but regarding the "Post your picture by 8:00 Monday night" thing. I, for one, may not even be home by that time. Think about the members here that travel on that weekend for camping (I for one), and may not even get home until late that evening, way after 8:00. And, I'm sure the last thing on their mind as they pull into the driveway with a camper and tired family is to jump on the computer and quickly post a picture of their caught bass. I'm sure stern looks with come from the spouse and family as they unpack everything from the weekend while you're busy posting pics. Just my thought. How about 8:00 TUESDAY night?

G3 Bassman said:
Great contest, but regarding the "Post your picture by 8:00 Monday night" thing. I, for one, may not even be home by that time. Think about the members here that travel on that weekend for camping (I for one), and may not even get home until late that evening, way after 8:00. And, I'm sure the last thing on their mind as they pull into the driveway with a camper and tired family is to jump on the computer and quickly post a picture of their caught bass. I'm sure stern looks with come from the spouse and family as they unpack everything from the weekend while you're busy posting pics. Just my thought. How about 8:00 TUESDAY night?

I was actually going to do that but changed my mind last second (I dont know why!).

Done deal! :D

I am in as well - but I intend to win this time - and the bass will be huge!

daveyslocker03.jpg

You had better just start engraving my name on the trophy now after that insult. I will now vow to fish twice as hard and I am contacting PC Baits to get some of guaranteed, 110% super duper special DamnPeoples lunker catching baits.

Jim said:
GAMEOVER said:
lol I dont have a camera otherwise id enter.

No camera phone or anything like that?
Go to Wallyworld and get a disposable camera. When you get them developed, get them on a disk not as pictures. Then, load them onto your computer.

Hey Jim, how come spots don't count? In Allatoona, we mostly have spots, with just a few largies here and there.

The issue I see is, I may never be able to participate in these tourneys, as dad doesn't always let me out on holidays, as it is too dangerous with all the drunka$$ed s**theads driving there 40 foot Donzis at 400 bazillion mph, thinking that others will just get out of his way. On the 4th, there was a boat collision here where one boat sank, and they still haven't found it, or its occupants. Holidays seem to give people excuses to drink WAY more than they should. I don't have a problem with alcohol. But holidays are just too dangerous.

Go ahead and sign me up, as it wont cost you anything, as you ain't sending baits out. I just *may* find a way to get out on a less dangerous lake. (not likely)

Thanks, bassboy1

bassboy1 said:
Jim said:
GAMEOVER said:
lol I dont have a camera otherwise id enter.

Go to Wallyworld and get a disposable camera. When you get them developed, get them on a disk not as pictures. Then, load them onto your computer.

Hey Jim, how come spots don't count? In Allatoona, we mostly have spots, with just a few largies here and there.

The issue I see is, I may never be able to participate in these tourneys, as dad doesn't always let me out on holidays, as it is too dangerous with all the drunka$$ed s**theads driving there 40 foot Donzis at 400 bazillion mph, thinking that others will just get out of his way. On the 4th, there was a boat collision here where one boat sank, and they still haven't found it, or its occupants. Holidays seem to give people excuses to drink WAY more than they should. I don't have a problem with alcohol. But holidays are just too dangerous.

Go ahead and sign me up, as it wont cost you anything, as you ain't sending baits out. I just *may* find a way to get out on a less dangerous lake. (not likely)

Thanks, bassboy1

I was not familiar with Spotted Bass, But after doing some research, I decided that they should be included in the Tournament.

https://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/Fishing/aquanotes-fishid/sptdbass.htm

The winner from the last tournament was caught from shore. So don't worry/think you need to be on a boat. Try super early in the morning or closer to night when all the yahoos are off the water.

Attachments

• bassid.gif
    bassid.gif
    137.3 KB · Views: 3,559
esquired said:
I am in as well - but I intend to win this time - and the bass will be huge!

daveyslocker03.jpg

Hmmm... last tourney you were going to win too...

you might this time....

I'm not in on this one.

You wrote:

Rules: Like the last time, a secret item must be included with a picture of your fish, and that item will be announced Thursday night July 30th around 8PM. This is mandatory.

is that July or August.

It dosn't matter I'm in.

Try to have something that us Canuks can get a U.S. Silver Dollar is hard to come by up here, you know what I mean.

Jim said:
bassboy1 said:
Jim said:

Thanks, bassboy1

I was not familiar with Spotted Bass, But after doing some research, I decided that they should be included in the Tournament.

https://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/Fishing/aquanotes-fishid/sptdbass.htm

The winner from the last tournament was caught from shore. So don't worry/think you need to be on a boat. Try super early in the morning or closer to night when all the yahoos are off the water.
Alright, you win on the holiday thing. :D
I am glad you now allow spots in the tourneys. The were introduced in Allatoona a while back, and have taken over the largemouth it seems. There are still big mouths in this lake, but they are few and far between. According to your link, it says average spots are less than a pound. A common one here is 1 to 2 1/2 pounds, with a guide pulling up a 6 pounder last week. Wow.
He has a picture on a local Allatoona board of it. Here is a link to that thread.
https://allatoonabass.proboards76.com/index.cgi?board=picboard&action=display&thread=1184855947

I wish I could fish this one. Im going to be out of town for work again. :cry: I need a new job.

Latest posts