Internet Explorer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HANGEYE

Reaction score
My computer just stops (freezes up) then I get a box in the middle of the screen that says "Internet Explorer is not responding". I have to wait for a minute or so, then it comes back on. At times it will also go to a black (blank) screen with a box in the middle screen that says "NO SIGNAL". The only way to get back going is to manually shut it down and start over. Also the BRAIN BOX (hard drive?) sounds like it is spinning at about 42 bazillion RPM. Any thoughts?

By the way, I'm an old geezer and I'm not to savvy with these machines.

Thanks for the reply Jim.
Operating System? ... Windows 7
How Old? ... Don't know for sure, got it used from a friend.
Fire Fox or Chrome? ... I don't know if I even have that stuff.

Like I said, I am EXTREAMLY challenged when it comes to these fancy gadgets. I'm about ready to fix it once and for all with a 20# mall.

ps. I don't know if it matters but we got one of them WI-FI box things when we ditched the home phone. Hope this info helps.

SUCCESS!!!!!

Thanks for the recommendation of GOOGLE CHROME Jim. Had my Grandson (12 year old) come over and got me going with the Chrome thing and it seems to be working just fine now. Now I just need to adjust to the new way of doing things, it's a bit different from what I'm used to.

Is TINBOATS great or what. =D>

HANGEYE said:
SUCCESS!!!!!

Thanks for the recommendation of GOOGLE CHROME Jim. Had my Grandson (12 year old) come over and got me going with the Chrome thing and it seems to be working just fine now. Now I just need to adjust to the new way of doing things, it's a bit different from what I'm used to.

Is TINBOATS great or what. =D>

So, in the future when you have problems call your IT guy, your 12 year old Grandson. :LOL2:

Next time you have issues and your in a pinch, I can send you an email link, and if you want you can click on the link and I can take a look at your PC from mine in real time.

I use a program called Teamviewer for remote support. I help all my friends when I can.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

richg99 said:
Once you go to Chrome...you will NEVER go back to Internet Explorer.

richg99 (older than you, I'll bet...) Ha Ha

IEX is and always has been a POS. ANYTHING is better. I've used Firefox since it was called Netscape Navigator, never looked back.

Latest posts