conceal carry pistol

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovedr79

Reaction score
looking for other ideas on concealed pistol, i have a couple in mind. looking for what others are carrying. my wife got me a concealed carry class for christmas........

Right now my carry piece is an S&W M&P9c. Trigger job and sites done over...what an awesome little gun.

I am hoping Santa brings some funds to allow me to buy a Ruger LCR 357 Magnum. :lol:

Ruger LC9 for me. I pocket carry most times, but have an inner waistband when I want it to really disappear. It has a really deep trigger pull, but after a few shooting trips I'm used to it, but others try to pull and think its broken. I like that because its like another safety function. I did remove the magazine disconnect safety, figured I didn't care if fires when the magazine is removed - I unload my guns every time I clean them.
2 of the must have features in a carry gun (for me) are a loaded chamber indicator and laser sight. The chamber indicator is great to check at a glance and not have to half cycle. The laser allows me shoot accurately in near darkness and it speeds up the target aquisition time by A LOT. I can accuratly hit targets near the beginning of the draw (if needed). I will get a laser on every pistol I own.

But sometimes I think I'd like more ammo than 7 shots (like 13 or so in the flocks. I keep 2 extra mags in the car, hopefully 7 shots will buy me time to get to them, or get out of there. :shock:

I carry a Springfield XD40 service (4") with Truglo fiber optic sights and a trigger job. In either a Crossbreed Supertuck or a leather holster I got on eBay for $20, both are pretty comfortable. Just get a carry belt, it will support the weight better then a cheap walmart belt. I am 5'8" 185 and have no problem concealing it under a t-shirt.

Call your local ranges and see if they rent guns and go try as many as possible before making the leap. Actually shooting a gun tells more than just holding one in your hand. Beware of getting more gun than what you can easily handle. Try revolvers as well as semi autos but bear in mind the reliability of each and how you would handle a malfunction when under stress.
I personally carry a K frame, 357 S&W in the summer and a Colt Defender in .45 in the winter but your mileage may vary.... Be prepared to shell out some decent coin on a GOOD belt and holster and don't skimp or use cheap crap, you'll be dissapointed......

tnriverluver said:
Glock 19 Thank me later :p
Agreed. A 9x19 9mm is one sweet pistol. Accurate, light weight, fires no matter what you do to it. I used to have one and loved it.

Well I came across a deal on a beretta and then it got even sweeter when my buddy informed me his childhood friend is a dealer in pa he is hooking me up. So berreta storm subcompact 9mm it is. It is a sweet little gun.

buying something this weekend. i have changed my mind after some shopping and reivews. really likeing the LC9, i have several rugers in my collection and think one more may be added.

I just put a Ruger SR9C on layaway!! They are really nice, also looked at some of the Bersa pistols, they are good lookin guns..lovedr, look at a Bersa BPCC they are nice.

Latest posts