Jaguar Crossbow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FormerParatrooper

Reaction score
I picked up a Jaguar 175# Crossbow just to see if I would like a crossbow. Its a cheapo, but seems pretty accurate once you get it sighted in.

Being my first crossbow, how do I quiet it down?

Anyone use this particular model for hunting? Your opinion?

I've been using a Horton 150# since the early 90's and never used anything on mine that was designed to quieten it down. So far I've never had one duck under my bolts but there have been some that squatted enough that it made my shot a little high. I even managed to shoot two deer out of a group of five with it one time. So even though they hear it fire, it's not like it scares them that badly. But reloading that quickly and quietly in a climbing stand is a bit of a challenge. :shock:

the horton i had was really quiet. You can get the rubber sticky discs for solid limbs. for split limbs they make these rubber pucks that seem to work well. i do not do anything for my current setup. Stryker Strykeforce, 396 fps. :) it is fairly quiet, everyone else says the same so i left it alone.

Latest posts