Baked/broiled White Perch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggernot

Reaction score
Caught a bunch this morning and had some for dinner. I washed and blotted dry the fillets, put them on an olive oil greased cookie sheet lined w foil, and seasoned them w "Rub Your Fish" seasoning, I then flipped them and seasoned the other side and baked them @ 400 for about 10 mins. right after the cornbread came out of the oven. I turned on the broiler for the last 3 mins. It was very good and healthier for me than frying the fish...........my wife said she'd hurt me If I fried fish tonight :LOL2:

The Rub your Fish seasoning is very tasty stuff.

I too must cut back on my fried foods.

I do a lot of just plain broiled fish with butter and lemon.
also, I am a big fan of the blackend .....

I have seen the Rub Your Fish but have been holding back because of the unknown......
I tried a Caribbean Fish Rub and it was terrible. Destroyed the fish. (for me).
Does this rub have a hot pepper taste or any strong spice that you can identify ?

A couple I am friends with bakes all their fish for health reasons but the wife batters them with French fried onions. I've never tried it but he seems to love it.

Abraham said:
A couple I am friends with bakes all their fish for health reasons but the wife batters them with French fried onions. I've never tried it but he seems to love it.
You mean your wife, not your friends wife, correct?

Barefoot_Johnny said:
I too must cut back on my fried foods.

I do a lot of just plain broiled fish with butter and lemon.
also, I am a big fan of the blackend .....

I have seen the Rub Your Fish but have been holding back because of the unknown......
I tried a Caribbean Fish Rub and it was terrible. Destroyed the fish. (for me).
Does this rub have a hot pepper taste or any strong spice that you can identify ?

No hot spices. ingredient list= Sea salt,sesame seeds,dehydrated garlic and onion,lemon juice powder,sugar,citric acid,spices,dill weed,celery seed,turmeric (color) it has a salty/lemon/herb flavor that goes well on fish, you can still taste the fish. I first tried it when a friend cooked some Tilapia fillets in olive oil in a dutch oven. I don't really care for Tilapia but the seasoning made it taste pretty darn good. It would probly be good on chicken as well as most all seafoods. It is made by the BBQ Spot co. and I got it from Bass Pro Shops, I think Home Depot has it also. I've also bought their "Rub Some Butt" seasoning and used it on chicken and pork chops, it is great as well.

Latest posts