Trout Fillet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I know trout are made for the frying pan. I've been trying to avoid that mainly because I have a tendency to burn them. I wanted to find a simple non-messy way to cook the trout I bring home. So, today I went to our local Safeway supermarket and bought some rubs made for seafood. I then made my first attempt at broiling some trout fillets. My taste tester, Mrs Ldubs, says they came out pretty good. The two at the bottom are Chipotle Pepper Rub by a company called Monterey Bay Seafood. The third from the bottom is Old Bay Rub. The one on top is Herb & Lemon Seafood Rub by McCormick. Mrs Ldubs says they are all good.

In general, I do an decent job with fish and the grill, but am really not much of a cook otherwise. Nice when a new recipe comes out OK.

Edit: Oops - photo rotated 90 deg's. Changed description to match.

Attachments

• 4 Fillet.JPG
    4 Fillet.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 2,799
good job, Larry.

with my broken jaw and other "stuff" still being an issue, I am eating a lot of baked
fish in the oven with butter and lemon pepper with a sprinkle of a few herbs and spices.
my current diet consists of baked or broiled fish with cheese grits, scrambled eggs with cheese grits,
steamed fish with cheese grits, sauteed fish in the frying pan, lots and lots of Campbell's condensed soups.
(I can't even chew oatmeal yet). I have lost 32 pounds so far.

glad to see you still have that endless supply of FRESH fish !!!

today's menu will be baked Red Bass in the oven with onion, garlic, rosemary and other spices
with (of course) cheese grits. the wife caught the red bass day before yesterday so it is fairly fresh.
when that is gone - it's back to frozen Swai from WalMart. LoL but it is still fish.

tite lines and be safe !!

nice job, my favorite way for trout is just gut them put some lemon pepper, butter, dill, and fresh garlic in the gut cavity grill one side roll it to the other side doing so the skin usually peels off. Grill that other side till done then the skin from that side usually peels off when you carefully pull the fish off the grill. Drizzle with a wedge of lemon maybe sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the skinless sides now. Usually just flakes right off the bones easy trout is one of the best fish on the grill.

I like doing them on the grill too, though this time of year I run out of daylight. I have a couple of grill toppers I use for fish. I use the fruit from our small kalamansi (calamondin?) tree a lot with fish. Kind of keep it simple on the grill. But again, I sure liked using the broiler. Nice and clean and cooked up in just a couple of minutes. Also a good way for me to hone my filleting skills. LOL

Johnny, my wife cooks salmon fillets in the oven that I really enjoy. She combines mayo with Lipton dry onion soup mix. That mixture is smeared on top of the fillet. Then they are topped with sliced tomatoes. Whole thing is cooked in the oven. It is one of my favorites. We normally have it with steamed rice. I don't know how it would work with other fish, or your special needs. I hope the healing process is progressing well. We all want to see you back in the saddle.

Latest posts