Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my version of a low carb Philly Cheesesteak. The "innards" are the usual beef, bell pepper, onion, & cheese. Used a toasted low-carb tortilla to make it diet friendly. Tasted better than I thought it would.

IMG_2356 copy.jpg

It does sound kind of strange, I know. I used Mission Carb Balance flour tortillas (4 grams of net carbs each). I figure I save over 30 grams of carbs by using the low carb tortilla. The rest of the ingredients have few if any carbs.

I used colby jack cheese because that was what was at the top when I opened the drawer in the fridge. I think cheddar would be better. I don't use cheese whiz. This time I had a small piece of leftover steak and a half hamburger patty from the previous day. I diced those up for these sandwiches. Of course the sautéed onion and green pepper is what makes the taste.

And, the rest is history! Haha

Jim said:
This one looks like it could become a staple in my diet for sure. I need to source Mission Carb Balance flour tortillas locally.

We get the family packs at Sam's Club. We substitute these across the board for bread. Also use them for some great personal pizzas. Yesterday we used some leftovers to make salmon pizza. Rao's red sauce, shredded salmon, onion, green pepper, some lite french dressing & cheese. Put in the toaster oven's pizza setting. Pretty good.

IMG_2364.jpg

Mission complete! No pun intended! Found them at Walmart in the cheese section of all places.
7a9aba8a134bd2fa5da6091efe525739.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts