Project ideas outboard bracket center console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbanks1382

Reaction score
Looking into doing a tin boat conversion. I recently inherited a 16 foot deep v aluminum boat. I'm looking to do a conversion to make it a little bit easier to fish out of. Was wondering if anybody has taken out all the seats and put in a full-length floor with a center console? In addition to the center console I have been debating the idea of welding up an outboard bracket to mount the motor behind the transom to expand the rear casting deck. Anyone seen this done or have any reasons to not do it?

I assume your boat has narrow gunnels. What you read a lot about here on TB, is that by removing the bench seats you compromise the structure of the hull. Under adverse conditions the hull could fold up on you, so to speak. One way people get around this is to install a box running along the gunnels to provide shear strength/rigidity. A nice side benefit is the box can be used for storage.

I once did that to a Lund Tree 18’ tin dual console hull and it was fantastic!

Some info & a picture here: https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=45969&hilit=Tyee

Latest posts