Must have accessories???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

authentic

Reaction score
I just finished my 16' Lund semi-v. Now, I'm ready to outfit it. I'm looking for your must have accessories for fishing, or just plain being on the water w/your tin boat.
Anyone know of some good clamp on rod holders?
I know what I need to have, by law, I'm looking for the things to make life more enjoyable on the water.

I've got a 16' Lund WC and here's the list of my "must haves":

- Clear decks. It starts with this as a must have. Built in storage is the key to this. Since I bought my boat, I've put a front deck in which also acts as a storage area. In there is all my required gear, battery, and charger. I also hollowed out part of the middle seat for fuel storage. Absolutely nothing but tackle boxes and a cooler need to be on deck while i'm fishing.

- A Bimini top for shelter in the rain or hot sun

- Plenty of adjustable pole holders. I've placed 5 Scotty's throughout my boat for all configurations.

- Rod storage while under way. just a way to keep the rods neatly organized and out of the way.

- A fish finder for depth and a handheld gps for speed and orientation.

I can't think of anything else.

Outside of comfortable seats, fishing accessories depends largely on what kind of fishing you plan on doing.

The onboard charger is probably the single best "must have accessory" that I have run across in a long time.

I recently went from a fully loaded fiberglass water rocket to a Tracker 1436 with a livewell. The two things I missed the most was a depth/fish finder and a foot opperated trolling motor. The electronics have been installed with the trolling motor to come very soon. But the way, I don't regret selling the glass rig and downsizing at all. It's more fun to just go fishin'

On my 14' PolarKraft 1440MV several accessories make life a lot easier:

- Storage for everything. When it's time to go fishing, all I do is hook up the boat and roll.
- Six mounting locations throughout the boat for the four rod holders.
- Cleats on all four corners of the boat.
- The RAM FF mount, I love it.

Well, we took it out for the maiden voyage, and I'd say some halfway decent rod holders are definitely in order. Who sells some good clamp on ones? Also some good cup holders and a longer dock line. I'm loving my foot controlled Maxxum. I've always had hand controlled ones up to now. I've got a huge front storage compartment that I've got all life jackets and throw cushion in. What do you guys think of the rod saver straps for holding the rods down on the way to your spot? I'll tell you, this Lund is like being in heaven, after fishing in a 2 man boat and a 1432 jon for the last two years. So much room to walk around. Also, my crazy 3 year old came along and had plenty of room to walk/run around on the appx. 4'x7' of floor space, with high sides. My wife didn't freak out one bit. I think this may mean more family fishing trips, which I am all in favor of.

Forgot to mention, love the Rod Saver straps. Work better than I thought they would, hold the rods down while in tow and are also not in the way on the boat. Drink holders are a major plus.

Latest posts