I not put non slip coatings yet,I puts steelhead picture

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcb

Reaction score
I not spend the money for some yet.I ben thinking of just ruffing up the alimimum flooring and spray paint with light gray to match the new utility hatchs i has bought from tempress.Flooring in me boat is not slippery now so maybe i not need non slip coatings.Wally Mart has spray paint in light gray for 96 cent per can and i thinks she wood look nice spary up with the light gray.I not wanting real dark color as the sun makes for hot feeling on you hands and feet.I thinking i have enough cans for $5 pluss tax to do her up right.Non slip coating coast much more money and i rather spend less if i not really need non slip anyways.Anyone else just ruff up the alimimum and spary flooring up with Wally Mart paint? :|
this is her rite here needing gray painting
ry%3D480

many thakyou

I don't have nonslip flooring in my boat.. I did paint the inside of an older boat, and it got pretty slick when it was wet.

You can just put down carpet, or paint it like you mentioned.

Carpet nice but i was wanting to keep away from it as I fish in rivers and use same boat for hunting sometime and there is mud along to bank sometime boots bring mud into the boat.I like pull the plug and run hose in side her to cleen the flooring.I like seeing some of the non splip coating but they cost more money.Maybee it wood be worth it nor not.Spray painting is much cheaper annayways.Anymore thinking about this?

I don't know how comfortable that non-slip paint is if you fish barefoot.. I wouldn't think it'd be too comfortable.

You could always make removable flooring with the carpet.. if it's like the carpet I use, you can still hose it down and it will be ok as long as you waterproof the boards good.

There is also a non-slip mat that you can put down too... look for anti-fatigue mats. You can just put them down when you get in the boat and stand on them... they are easy on your legs and back and they aren't slick when you're barefoot.

JCB, I have the texutred paint for plastic on my aluminum floors right now and it's pretty nice, feels good and doesn't slip around when wet.

https://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=122

Jamie

I see that very paint at Wally mart and wondered about it for floor coverings.It cost alittle more than just light gray but the textering would be nice.I maybe try a can or two on front deck of me boat.If it work out good i spray the floor and back bench =D>

I shop around some as i not in a big hurry :mrgreen:

I go to Wally mart an buy 1 can of this spray to try.I goig to spray a small piece of alimimum i has with it to see if it going to be good.Wally Mart has many color of this spray,i like what they has there.I keep you infourmed as to what I find and likes :mrgreen:

I spray scray piece of alimimum with the coatings above and it look good to me.It has rippeled textured feelings and look good.Now all i needed to know is if it hold up to stepping on it and such.

There is some products similar to sand that you can mix with paint then apply it to make a non skid coating. I cant remember the name right away, but we sold it at the paint store that I used to work at in '82.

here is 1 type

https://www.doitbest.com/Texture+paints-Rust+Oleum-model-22242-doitbest-sku-772792.dib

I looks into this sand liek material for adding to the paint.Lite gray with this added into it then stirred reel good might be best and cheepest way out I maybe buy one quart can of Lite gray floor paint and has at it.Now i goes to the paint shop to sees what they has in floor paint.Maybee Wally Mart has quarts of floor paints, if theys do price wood be better =D> =D> =D> Many thanks =D> =D> =D>

ejones1961 said:
There is some products similar to sand that you can mix with paint then apply it to make a non skid coating. I cant remember the name right away, but we sold it at the paint store that I used to work at in '82.

here is 1 type

https://www.doitbest.com/Texture+paints-Rust+Oleum-model-22242-doitbest-sku-772792.dib

Shark grip!? I use it on swimming pool concrete paint for a nonslip surface, apply while paint is still wet or mix with paint.

So yous think brush paint or spray on paint wood be best?

So annone use brush piants on the flooring of there boat?I no they have use spray and brush for bed lineings butt how about bruch painting or rollering?

I go to Wally world and see there paint.Quart size of brush paint should do it and for the non slippings additive i go to find someplace local first if i not find any i ordering off internet sales

I try brush paint on small hunck of alimimum and i then sprinkle sand on top.I going to see once it dry for the feel and textuer of it.I find the cheepest way with sand if it work good =D>

Latest posts