Sort of a new member. Got myself a new boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfjetjoe

Reaction score
Hi yall Im joe I live in south Florida, I just upgraded to a new Lowe 1236 Jon boat. Im pumped up! Its a hell of a lot more stable then my 1032 lol. Time for some modding. How do decks handle in this specific model? Whats the purpose of the back bench with the added sides? More stability?

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 953
I don't ever remember seeing a tin with a back bench like that. Very interesting. Will be interested in seeing what you do with it. Keep any decking as low as you can though. 1236 is still going to shake a lot if you get top heavy.

I think the boxed in stern is to give you more room to stand. It might be a good place to mount rod holders too. Good luck with it!

Thanks everybody for the replies. I Think your right im going to floor it and put seats in. There is another member with the same boat he floored it aswell. He did a great job.

Congrats on the new Lowe rig! I have the 1652 and it has the rear setup similar to yours. I opted for the rear deck insert (hinged, dealer install), and it provides more room to stand, and an almost completely covered storage area. The side pieces on yours doesn't seem to have the tracks where the lid would set down in there, but it's still possible (with some framing) to do a similar setup if you decide to add some type of lid. I only run electric, so I don't have to worry about an outboard or fuel can. I also believe the side pieces are filled with foam too.

Here's some pics:
normal_Storage_Bay2.JPG

Storage_bay_mat3.jpg

normal_Stoarge_Bay_hatch_open.JPG

With a two bench set-up and no flotation in the bow, I would say it's a safety requirement. You could trim around your storage area with some small aluminum angle and put a nice lid on giving a you a space or extend the bow area for storage. Solid boat and any way you approach it, it's gonna turn out great.

Is that a shower curtain rod?? That is an awesome idea. It's ideas like that, that keep my checking this site out. People using creativity and "repurposing" items in a great new way. Keep up the great work, boat looks awesome.

Latest posts