rear anchor/bow mount trolling motor help needed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwaynesworld

Reaction score
I just bought my first boat, a 1993 smokercraft 14ft big fisherman. The problem I am having is mounting a rear anchor, also I would like to mount a bow foot operated trolling motor, but dont want to lose my front anchor. I am looking for ideas on this, and pics of your setup on a vhull, would be a big help. I have been lurking here for a longtime, this is the best small boat site on the web.

Thanks
Dwayne

will try to post pics of boat later, everytime I try to upload, I get an error.

The kind of fishing I like to do doesn't require an anchor, but I do like to have one...

The boat I have had two Anchormate 2's on it. Look up those, that may be an option for you.

For me, as long as their is a storage space for the anchor, I like to keep an anchor and rope in the boat, and if I need it just toss it over, and tie it off on a cleat. I don't know of anything as fast going out or in.

As for the trolling motor, there is a thread already. Mount it so that it is out of your way when it is in the water, AND when it is out of the water....

The "Electrical" part of the site is probably what you're after for trolling motor questions.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17306

There ya, go.

Since I think your working with a V-boat, you would want to mount it on an angle, facing the port side. That way when it is stored, you can get in/out of the Starboard side of the boat...

I really like the Trolling motor head stabilizers. I haven't used one, but I'm going to this time around. To use one you need the shaft of the motor, to run parallel with the side rail or gunnell.RAMStabalizerMountedLrg.jpg

I like the Power Drive Minn Kota units. I'm not sure if you were looking for that style, or a cable steer.

I have the newer (last few years) Minn Kota Power Drive V2 to put on my current boat, and from fiddling with it, it looks to have some nice improvements over the original Power Drive, so I'll just like it that much better.

Latest posts