Question about the seat bases from Wal Mart?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baseball_guy_99

Reaction score
I bought 2 of the $25 seat bases from Wal Mart and I have decided that I want to carpet over them rather than having them exposed.

Now the question...can the black insert piece be taken out and then put back in after I carpet over the bases? I have tried everything to get them suckers out and they won't budge!

I dont think they are designed to be removable. if you dont mind me asking, why would you want to carpet over them instead of under? I think it looks good with the carpet under.

most of the inserts I can think of have the insert permenantly mounted to the mount itself. So you probibly wont be able to do this.

I wanted to carpet over them because most of the time when I fish, I don't use a seat and I like to fish barefoot. I do a lot of fishing in the heat of the summer so I wanted them covered so I don't burn the crap out of my feet. But I want the bases there in case I bring other people along that do want to sit.

I have looked the bases over and the only way that they could be secured in there is glue. There are no screws or bolts holding it in.

You should be able to. It's just a nylon bushing and they make replacements for them.

I can't remember if those bases are open on the bottom or not. If they are, find something that fits just inside the metal tube and try to drive the bushing out.

i mean you can try to get it out but it is glued in. You could reglue it in but you have to think too is that the base will be under the carpet and the slot peice will be over the carpet so your going to have a gap in between which means the insert will not fit to what it normaly was so you have to keep this in mind also.

Latest posts