Boat Carpet Help Needed!!!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aluminumboatlover

Reaction score
Hey members of the aluminum boat world!!!!
I have done a few posts before and i need help on something: how to apply the carpet on the plywood! i havent a clue about how to install it without it looking like it was done by a 10 year old... :oops: . I have a 14 ft Lowe v hull and decked it with thick supports and plywood from the bow to the 2nd bench from the transom. Inbetween the 1st and 2nd bench is lowered deck and all of the plywood is gonna be carpeted with grey Home Depot Indoor/Outdoor carpet that is roughly 50 cents a sq ft. I dont know what im gonna do w/ the carpet and any response is very appreciated!!!!(p.s. i dont know how to post pics yet.......)

Caleb

i know there has been a load of posts on this topic use the search engine in the top right corner you should be able to find everthing you need, i used the outdoor carpet adhesive from lowes i think its called henrys but dont quote me, some guys where talking about using contact cement, 1 guy had a real nice article on using it. i think i have just gotten plain ol lucky with mine, seems how im told i act like a 10 yr old all the time..... :LOL2:

i used the same carpet with liquid nails outdoor adhesive, i used a caulk gun and squirted it all over then spreaded it out with a drywall trowel(6 inch). laid my carpet down so the bottom faced up and then laid my deck with glue on it down on the carpet. after walking on it for a few minutes i flipped it over so the carpet faced up and used a 6 inch peice of solid steel round stock and rolled over the carpet to make sure the glue bonded to the carpet and deck with no voids. then i cut the shape after the glue dried over night leaving about 9 or ten inches extra to wrap around the bottom of deck and with some careful thinking and cutting there were no creases on the edges. glued the edges and the back using staples to hold it till it dried.

I WASNT SURE HOW TO POST A LINK TO ANOTHER THREAD ON HERE BUT THIS IS THE ARTICLE I WAS TALKING ABOUT, I THINK IM GONNA DO THIS NEXT TIME :)

Latest posts