Did I steal this?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

architorture

Reaction score
I've been checking craigslist for a while now looking for parts or for a package boat I could take the parts off of for my current build. I thought I'd have to go for an old fiberglass boat that I'd end up dumping the hull, but I was wrong :) I found this a little over 2 hours away and thought I didn't have a chance, but I was wrong again. He was only asking $800, but I somehow got it for $750.

Here's what it is:
1984 1648MV Polarkraft
1984 40 hp Yamaha
galvanized trailer (that's a little too short but will be perfect for my 15 footer)
55 lb fc trolling motor
several extras

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

thats a good buy like he said the motor is worth that .and its a short shaft . the trailer looks a little short . look for hook in the hull yes i think you did verry well

Great find.

I really think the prices of boats have come down with this recession. Two years ago that is sold for twice that IMO.

The picture makes it look like a ss, but it is a long shaft. And yeah the bunks are too short, and more importantly they are too low. The skeg is only about 5 inches off the ground and I'm pretty sure I've already scraped it in a parking lot. Good news is though it looks like it will be easy to fix the height problem, as the brackets holding the bunks appear as if they can be slid up. Just need to lift the rear up with the tractor and replace those bunks.

architorture said:
ober51 said:
Great find.

I really think the prices of boats have come down with this recession. Two years ago that is sold for twice that IMO.

Yeah I really feel like it should have sold for at least twice that now, but I aint complainin :p

Yep, I wouldn't be either!

About the trailer. I don't know that the trailer is too low, because it's always nice to have a lower trailer when trying to get the boat in the water (you get it in quicker). However, when you get the longer trailer/right trailer for the boat, you can then add a transom saver and get the skeg off the ground a good deal. I wouldn't raise the trailer, just lengthen it.