bow gas tank

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilge247

Reaction score
Im wanting to install a gas tank to the front of my alumacraft mv1648 and I am looking for any cool ideas people have thought of. It has the factory bow platform. Has anyone moved both the battery and the tank to the bow? Thanks

This is how I did mine.

Attachments

• IMG_5432.JPG
    IMG_5432.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,105
  • IMG_5426.JPG
    IMG_5426.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,105
Hey lckstckn2smknbrls that looks good, did it change how your boat planed? Is it any worse in waves?

bilge247 said:
Hey lckstckn2smknbrls that looks good, did it change how your boat planed? Is it any worse in waves?
I did the fuel tank at the same time I put a 25 hp motor on the boat. So I don't really know, it works great the way it's set up now.

I like it this way. Keeps the bow down but doesn't plow with a 25hp. Much less bouncing on the chop. It's a 20gal tank, but I never put more than 10gal in it. It's really overkill for the motor.

IMG_9066_small.JPG
IMG_9213_small.JPG
IMG_9212_small.JPG
IMG_9107_small.JPG

Bought online somewhere. Vent is an Atwood P-trap type to keep water out. Filler is some off-brand with a flip-up handle. I wanted flush mount since I would be walking on it. I may as well have gotten a stanless one that takes a boat key. I have to use pliers to get the one I have open after it's been tightened. The flip-up handle feels like it will break off.

Latest posts