Looking for a ball park on what I could sell this for.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobcat_fisherman

Reaction score
I'm considering selling my jon boat. Between my old Jeep, kayaks, and this old boat it's costing me a lot of money. Any ball park ideas on what I could sell this set up for?

Details: 1960 14.5' Sears Vhull, 1976 9.9 HP Evinrude - runs alright, trailer needs 1 bearing buddy replaced.
I took this boat from a P.O.S. into what it is now. I was going to use it for duck hunting but I almost want to just buy a newer jon boat and motor that doesn't need work. If it can't sell for anything, I'll just keep it and keep working on it I guess.

Before: (With some work done)
camo_boat_ugly.jpg

After:
camo_boat.jpg

Bearing Buddy that probably needs to be replaced:
2012-03-18_12-10-12_809.jpg

Motor:
tillermotor.jpg

Price is going to vary depending on what the market is doing where you are located, and time of year. For something like that around here, I'd guess around 900-1000. If it goes with a fuel tank, trolling motor, battery or any of the other accessories like that, it could go higher. Good luck with your sale

Your market may be better, but I see boats like that for $1000 and more on craigslist, and they just sit there. Around here if you ask for more then $800, I doubt you would sell it very quickly. I figure the boat & trailer is worth about $400, and the motor is worth about $200-$300. Again, thats the market here. Like I said, i've seen very similar boats listed for $1500, but they just don't move. The biggest problem is there is a surplus of 14ft tins out there... I got mine, with a trailer and paperwork for both for $220, and I paid $75 for the motor (1957 evinrude $35hp) which included the tank, throttle control and steering controls. Granted I got a good deal on both, but I think about $600-$800 is fair for your set-up.

$800 is about what I figured. I might as well just keep it though. I've spent a ton of time and money on it and there's no reason it HAS to go except to free up some room.

I agree the market makes all the difference.

Where I live, if the motor was a solid runner and you have all the paperwork in order, you could list that combo for $2,000 and most likely eventually get $1,500 for it.