Anyone ever stain floor/deck on a alum flat bottom?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NugHunter

Reaction score
Thinking about waterproof staining the wood floor/deck of my project boat instead of carpeting .
Has anyone done this before?

i don't see why australian timber oil or something similar wouldn't work for a while

for a more permanent solution, consider staining w/ regular stain, then coating the wood w/ resin. brushing on west system epoxy resin will make the wood pretty much impervious to water damage

I used Glidden floor and porch paint with plastic decorative flakes...not too expensive and gives a nice finish IMO. You can see pics in my mod, it rolls on easy and provides a waterproof finish. Time will tell if the finish lasts.

YES on Porch & Deck. I like the oil based stuff better.
I always wondered about Oil, like Thompsons Water seal, but never needed it after I discovered Porch & Deck Oil based paint.

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

I am actually thinking of going with a poly wood stain for the floors and deck and paint the boat white..here she is bare wood deck and primed :mrgreen:

Attachments

• boatdeck.jpg
    boatdeck.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 267
Good looking job man!

Now you need a Chair with rollers for that big deck. Make it a recliner and you have the whole "Living room" package that normally goes for Big Bucks! :LOL2:

Latest posts