Hot Hot boat! Temp wise

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggoldy

Reaction score
I'm on the coast of Northwest Florida. Brought my new tracker 1436 home yesterday and chained it up on my lot in the sun. Now, if someone steals it, they would probably throw it in the back of a pick-up truck and be gone. So I painted the bow and 1/4 of the stern with bright orange paint, thinking the marine patrol or cops could spot it a mile away. Well, I nearly blistered my hand when I touched the bottom of the boat. Just for fun, I rolled it over, waited 10 minutes, then checked the temp on the seats. 145 on the center seat and 160 front and rear. I covered the center seat with a white towel and read 100 degrees after 5 minutes. I'm launching from the back of my truck so weight is a no no. Is there a coating I could apply to the inside to reduce the heat without blinding myself? Otherwise, I'll have three white towels to add to my gear. Thanks for any ideas y'all might have.

Gary

Lizard skin or a similar product. You used to be able to buy microscopic glass beads from the RC aircraft hobby places but can't anymore. I bought a gallon of them and mixed 1-1 with a gallon of the white latex roof paint to make my own home brewed lizard skin and it worked wonders on my '71 F350 cab.

I think your best bet will be a big sun shade.

There it is! I knew someone would have the answer. I've read various forums over the last 20 years and every one is the same.... THE most helpfull people in the world. This is what the internet is all about. For me, at least. Thank you very much. A little more research and I'll be able to put the white towels away(before my wife realizes they're gone).

Gary

Latest posts