Should i do this?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connor_Ruf

Reaction score
Really contemplating buying this trailer. Current one is currently 2 feet short for my boat. This would fit perfectly but the old trailer works fine but is a pain taking the outboard off everytime and we could use a transom saver and this trailer is pretty sleak. yes or no?

Heck, go get it if it will work better for you and you have the coin. That seems like a good price. Just be sure to check it over real well. If it needs a new axle, leaf springs, or hubs the price can get out of hand pretty quick.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328769#p328769 said:
thudpucker » Yesterday, 22:09[/url]"]Poke under the frame in places looking for rust. Make sure you get a title that matches the number on the trailer frame.

Good advice.

I would be cautious because the trailer is pretty cheap and everything looks like it was painted the same color such as the fenders, frame, springs, etc. Seems like seller is trying to cover up something.

I once bought a glass boat with a trailer that was all one color. When I got it home (very lucky, over 100 mile trip) I did the hammer test and I found large spots of corrosion where the hammer literally went through the frame in many places! Being a heavier glass boat, I opted for a brand new trailer which cost around $1500.

Good luck.

Latest posts