New guy from PA

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schreff

Reaction score
Just got the 1548 sportsman Saturday. Havent had it in the water yet. Hopefully Thursday before the whole turkey thing happens :lol:

NICE!
I see it has the TRAC, make sure you put it to good use. I have that on a 1654 Grizzley, and mounted just about everything to it.
Welcome!
I see you're from out around Harrisburg. If you should decide to do any mods, and need aluminum sheets, there's a guy outside of Fleetwood/Reading that is reasonable. It's a salvage yd. for industrial metals and sells it by the lb.
[Morris B. Glick]; not that far from you. I got all the aluminum sheet from him to do my mods. He even had 5'X10' sheets, which came in handy for the 54" floor, also had lots of diamond plate. Doubt if he will have any angle though.
Just something to keep in mind.

Thanks guys!!! How would you recommend mounting some spot lights for bowfishing? Should I just screw them right to the boat?

I love the layout of that boat! It looks to be a good all-arounder for fishing and hunting. I think that I would make a low "railing" to bolt the lights onto. Set up like that, your lights would have a bit more elevation and it would allow to you disconnect the whole setup in one piece instead of having to undo several lights. When I say "railing" what I really mean is an elevated bar somewhat like a bedrail on a truck bed, only a bit taller. Maybe 12" tall or so.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335291#p335291 said:
Schreff » Yesterday, 22:54[/url]"]Thanks guys!!! How would you recommend mounting some spot lights for bowfishing? Should I just screw them right to the boat?

Make brackets to bolt into the TRAC, and mount anything and everything to them. You probably don't need to drill one hole in that boat to be able to mount anything!
Look under Jon & V Boat conversions & modifications. > overboards 1654 FB Tracker Grizzley project.
Right now it's on P-45. This may give you some ideas as to how to make use of the TRAC.

New boat fever knows nothing of winter!

I can remember when my friend first got his bass boat, he had to wear a motorcycle helmet that first time out to protect him from the snow and sleet that day! :D

Have a great Thanksgiving.

PA is taking over as it should!

Guessing you might be a Pirates and Steelers fan?

Of well, we cannot all be perfect, LOL

WELCOME TO THE . . . . . . . coolest place on earth

Not a Pittsburgh fan at all.... I'd rather not say who my team is atm.... (not from PA)

PA is the place to be.... And yes there are lots of rocks in the river!!

Latest posts