2000 1448 Grizzly Trolling Motor Mounting Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gitzet

Reaction score
I'm looking to mount a foot controlled Motor Guide TM to my 2000 1448 Grizzly. The earlier models (mine) did not come with a mounting platform, so I'll need to build something up to install the TM above the gunnel. I'd like to line it up along the port side. Here's a lousy picture of what I'm dealing with.

griz.JPG

I'll be headed to home depot a little later to see if the perfect solution jumps out at me. :lol:

I plan to start working on the boat in a couple of weeks.

I've done a lot of searching, but I can't find the perfect match.

Any thoughts, pics, advice, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I can't weld, but I can cut the crap out of stuff and put it all together with nuts & bolts (I think!) :lol:

Thanks,

Steve

Alumacraft sells 3-4 different styles that will work or come close to working with a little modification. I'm not around my computer or else I could link you to where I purchased mine.

Take your cleat and light off and mount it directly to the top of the flat were the cleat is at. That is where it is supposed to be mounted.

DrNip, I'll check to see if the Alumacraft styles will work.

lovdr79, Any idea where I can buy one? Are you saying Tracker may have them?

tomme boy, the front is actually less pointed than it looks. If I did that, the TM would almost be straight across the front. I thought of that, but I think straight down the port side will be a better solution.

Thanks guys for the feedback!

Here is the place I ordered mine from. Excellent service.

https://www.warnersdock.com/ABCPandA/ABCJonSeats.htm

This is my 2006 Tracker. You can see how the factory trolling motor mount was installed. I don't like the way it works because the mount has to be over the edge of the boat in order for the TM to be vertical. The edge of the mount tears the coat cover. I repositioned it once trying to make it more perpendicular with the edge of the boat and it helped a little. If the sled on the motor was a little longer the mount could be placed back from the edge enough so as not to tear the cover. I think I'll try again this spring to fix it.

If you're making one you could use aluminum sheeting and screws or pop rivets to put it together. A couple of pieces of sheet stock and a couple of pieces of angle to connect the corner and provide a flange to mount to the deck and you'd be in business.

Get ahold of Dawson at Fish on Fabrications he will build exactly what you want. He is a site sponsor and did my whole boat

not sure where I saw them for sale. there is a site sponsor "fish on Fabrication" that could possibly make you one any way you want.

Build your own... I built mine out of .100 sheet aluminum and took it to a local welder. It took him 20 minutes and charged me 40 bucks.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397159323.252151.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397159351.659157.jpg

I did mine like this.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397160506739.jpg[/attachment]
of course mine had a small box there. But I don't see why you couldn't Mount a plate across the top of the gunnel and then make a couple of mounting brackets to your deck. This will hold it up even with the side and be attached in several places.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397160506739.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397160506739.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,145
Here is the Alumacraft mount I used. Shipped to me was just under $50. I purchased the 4" height version as it was 4" to the top of my bow from the deck. I cut it to size as it was too long and then painted it.
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Latest posts