G3 V150T....Getting a new rig.....Bought a G3 V167T

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystone

Reaction score
I have been very disappointed with the performance ect of my Lowe WT1467 with the 15hp. Since it's a 2009 I can not go over 15hp as that is what Lowe rated it for (newer ones are 25hp). In MN it is not legal to run a larger motor on a bout than what the tag says. So...........

I dropped my boat off at Southside Marine in Waseca, MN for the annual Spring service. Neal sells Warrior, Phoenix and G3 boats. One of the best Marine mechanics anywhere and is as honest as the day is long. I have been doing business with him since the first month he opened. He had two large G3 backtrollers in the show room which, by the way, are real nice boats!. I mentioned to him that if he took a clean 14" to 16" backtroller with a 25 to 35 hp on it to let me know. He then said he had a V150T with a Yamaha 30 hp in. I made the mistake of looking at it. He shot me a decent price. (his sale prices include rigging, dealer prep, spare tire, tie downs ect). Today he called me with what I would owe if I traded my 2009 Lowe in on it. Very reasonable trade allowance. Stopped by my Credit union. Excellent rate if I want to finance (under 3%).

So, should I or shouldn't I is the question.......... haven't talked to the wife yet............ not that I need to but after 29 years we discuss things like this.

This is the boat I am looking at.
https://southsidemarine.com/view_item.php?id=101

That hull is rated for a 40 HP, why get it with a 30 HP? You are already in an under powered hull and you don't like it. Looks like a nice hull but I would get the max HP I could on the hull.

Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it...

Or see if Lowe will send you a 2014 placard! :mrgreen:

Or see if Lowe will send you a 2014 placard! :mrgreen:

I did that last summer!

Boat has already been in the water. Planes out just fine, so the 30hp that is on it will do just fine.

I'll sleep on it tonight, and if I still like it in the morning I'll buy it.

A 25 hp outboard will plane that boat so a 30 hp outboard will be fine.

Total newb here who bought his first boat last summer (a 14' V Hull). I was curious, what do you plan to do with the boat? What type of fishing, how many people do you fish, where do you fist, etc? IT's a nice hull and I love the up front storage but when I saw the price...just thought you could buy a whole lot more boat for less used if you want a project boat. Then again, if you want a new boat...it looks very nice. Not to my taste but I am sure you'd be happy with it. she's clean, lots of storage, etc...plus you know you're buying from an honest seller.

Changed my mind, kind of.

Ordered one in in Red with a Yamaha F40LA. 8) I will have my Minkota PD45 moved over to it. Hummingbird 581iHD DI Combo for depth/temp/speed and splash guards along with other items from the old boat moved.

As to why I bought a new one instead of building one. Because I wanted this boat. I've had project boats in the past. Someone has to buy the future project boats, or there would not be any project boats to be had in the future! :LOL2:

I mostly fish for Walleye, and spend the vast majority of my time alone backtrolling. I do chase Bass and Northerns at times so the casting deck and bow mount trolling motor comes in handy.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349839#p349839 said:
Rat » 46 minutes ago[/url]"]The force is strong with this one...

:LOL2:

No"Force" for me. I had a Force 40 hp years ago. Vibrating smoking cheap *&^ thing. Would foul plugs like a cat sheds hair.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349837#p349837 said:
rscottp » Today, 15:29[/url]"]Congrats on the new sled! You should really fly with the 40.

I'm thinking I'll hit mid 20's with it with ease. Which is plenty for me. I come in @ 200 lbs right now (have lost 31 lbs since October). If I can hit 20 with two of us I'll be happy. Anything over that is a bonus.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349843#p349843 said:
Keystone » 23 Apr 2014, 17:41[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349837#p349837 said:
rscottp » Today, 15:29[/url]"]Congrats on the new sled! You should really fly with the 40.

I'm thinking I'll hit mid 20's with it with ease. Which is plenty for me. I come in @ 200 lbs right now (have lost 31 lbs since October). If I can hit 20 with two of us I'll be happy. Anything over that is a bonus.
I think you will go quite a bit faster than that. I have a 25 on my 16' Lund boat and I max out at 23-24 mph. Me and my pup weigh about 210lbs combined.

With all of the rain in MN the past few days I am going to need that new boat sooner! My local fishing hole is just about ready to start going over the bank in a few places. Not in flood stage , yet, but getting close.

Dealer just called. My boat is at the factory in MO ready to ship. However.....................
Seems as if the expected date of the next shipment heading to MN is the end of May. :evil:

Might have to make a trip to Lebanon, Missouri to pick it up myself. 8)

You can always have it picked up and delivered to you by an independent boat deliverer. You can find them on uship.com. Set it up so shippers will bid on shipping. This might work for you. You might be able to have it shipped for less than 80 cents a mile. Of course you can always try to find a deliverer that can do a back haul. This could save you even more.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350617#p350617 said:
rscottp » Yesterday, 19:53[/url]"]I would drive down and get it!

I will be at the G3 Factory in Lebanon, MO on Monday May 5th to pick up my new boat. Will be allot cheaper than having it shipped to me. I am retired so time is not an issue as far as going there and back. But there is never enough spring fishing time (my favorite time of the year to be on the local lakes).

Latest posts