Finally got my boat!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newtinboatman

Reaction score
Well I've been eyeballing some tin bass boats for quiet time and finally bought one Thursday! It's a 2005 G-3 hp 180 dual console. I started my search looking at new boats but made the mistake of looking at a new g3 and war eagle. Both boats were well over my $17k budget so I started looking used. I found several that the people weren't willing to let me test run it. I even offered to cover their fuel expense to no avail so I took these boats off my list. I finally spotted a couple I liked about 180 miles north. Both boat owners being close to each other I was able to view both in the same day. I ended up looking at te g3 first and an express later in the evening but I politely declined the express because I couldn't keep my mind off the g3. It was so smooth for a tin boat but not nearly as fast as the express with its 115. The owner of the g3 had ordered it with a 75 yami 4 stroke to save on a fuel. I paid full asking price without haggle since it was payoff on his loan. But for $8500 I was so pleased. This is my first boat and man I have had it out everyday since I brought it home. Wish I could post some pics but I can't. Thanks to everyone who I exchanged Pms with about them and even know the boat is 9 years old I have to say it performs better than the new lowes, crestliner, and trackers I tested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 313
There we go. The boat is a 1 owner and always garaged which is another reason I opted for it. Eve after a 3 hour haul this is by far the best deal I had seen. Best part of the whole deal is I didn't have to borrow for it like I would have a new one. I was struggling on a boat loan because everyone I talked to wouldn't consider me since I work for myself and don't have a weekly paycheck stub. Even with a 25% DTI and 729 credit score as well as 1/2 down. My local bank would but their interest rates on boats are nearly 10%!!!

That is one great looking boat!
thumbup.gif

Latest posts