Garage tile over my deck?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rdtolbert

Reaction score
I have scoured the interwebs, and can not find a description of someone putting garage tile, over a wood deck. My plan is to cover 1/2 plywood with epoxy resin, then put it down for a deck and cover that with garage tile. I will then screw it down,or simply seal the edges and let it free float. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400383405.021319.jpg

What say you?

I think it would work fine if it's not slippery when wet, but the sun might eat it up if it's not UV protected or stored out of the sun. Even so it would probly last a few years and it seems cheap enough to just replace as needed. It also may not need to be screwed down if it's cut to fit snugly and the decks not flush.

juggernot said:
I think it would work fine if it's not slippery when wet, but the sun might eat it up if it's not UV protected or stored out of the sun. Even so it would probly last a few years and it seems cheap enough to just replace as needed. It also may not need to be screwed down if it's cut to fit snugly and the decks not flush.
I will definitely keep a cover over the boat. I also think It is slip resistant, being that it is designed to have oil and water sit on it. On top of all that, it will look super clean in the boat. My only concern about not fastening it down, is the wind sucking it out. But, if I keep the cover on during transport, it won't be an issue.

I would use 3M 77 spray adhesive to hold those down. https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Super-77-16-75-fl-oz-Multipurpose-Spray-Adhesive-77-24/100067550

How much is it per tile? The stuff I see at Home Depot is $3.49 per tile/foot, that $31 a square yard.

Nautolex marine deck vinyl is only $9.50 a square yard.

Latest posts