Anyone tried this coating?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacks013

Reaction score
Rustoleum Restore 10x
$25 a gal. at Lowes

Supposed to be good on wood surfaces and has a texture to it. I was thinking about using this on the few pieces of exposed wood on my build.

Anyone tried this stuff, if even just on their deck at home? I'm wondering if the recomended two coats would be effective in sealing the wood and creating a durable finish.

Attachments

• restore.jpg
    restore.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 858
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=352904#p352904 said:
baseball_guy_99 » 20 May 2014 01:51 pm[/url]"]I'll post a picture of our deck if we decide to go that route.

I want to replace the whole deck but my wife just wants to "resurface" it.

My wife made a huge mistake of "painting" the deck with stain built in to the paint instead of staining the deck with regular stain. Needless to say the deck is ruined. No amount of pressure washing removes the paint.

This stuff could be big hit.

I've heard nothing but good things about that restore stuff for decks. That's what I plan to use to re-do mine (we bought the house two years ago and the deck is about 5-7 years old and due for a touch up)

If I do it this summer I'll post pictures.

The application instructions say that the wood cannot be sealed or have paint on it. I was thinking about doing my porch with it too, but the thing was painted before I bought it.

My parents had a bad finish on their deck and we ended up renting a hardwood floor sander to get the old finish off. It worked really well. Just needed a small belt sander for the corners.

I think I'm just going to spar and paint my boat wood, though. Seems like a safer route. I can always carpet it if I don't like the paint.

I just found this in Home Depot last week. I am probably going to use this for my front and rear decks in my mirrocraft. But no one here seems too fond of it. If it seals the wood, adds a slip resistant surface and can be tinted 60 different colors it sounds good to me

Latest posts