Really cheap way to light up your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razorback

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've seen lots of posts on here about adding led lights to the inside of boats for night fishing. I thought I'd share this info with you. This is how I'm going to do mine. I've been meaning to do this to my motorcycle for a long time now, but just haven't gotten around to it. The great thing about this is that you can totally customize how many lights you use and where you put them, and it's unbelievably cheap! I've seen these lights in person, and they're really bright. You can get all kinds of colors, or even get a multicolor strip and a controller so you can change things up when you want.

https://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php/71297-My-really-cheap-LED-project-with-a-DIY-guide?highlight=led+strip

We also have a great sponsor here "BlueWaterLED" that has a great product and very reasonable I have them on mine - you can check them out on my build just click on my signature.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=353484#p353484 said:
Razorback » 25 May 2014 01:33 am[/url]"]Excuse me for trying to share some useful information. I thought that's what this forum was for.

It is, and thank you for your post! :beer:

The others were just trying to inform the readers that there is a paying board sponsor here that also sells LED lights.

This forum and reader base is full of people that are either do it yourselfers to the very end that would love to light up their boats with parts and what not like you showed, and others that just want to buy a kit and be done with it because they do not have the skill set, time, or desire to take on a project like that.

Again Thanks for your post, It will help out many.
Jim

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I was all butthurt or anything. I was just trying to share a cheap way to do something, like you said. I fully understand that sponsorship is what keeps forums alive and able for us to share info. I did go to their website and look around. Sure, the kits may be nice quality, but $100 for the basic boat kit, which doesn't really have that many leds? There's absolutely no way I would pay that. Using the method I shared above could light up 2 or 3 boats for less than $50. A 16ft spool is a LOT of lighting.

Latest posts