New Rig Finally Complete - 1652 Lowe Roughneck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter851

Reaction score
Purchased everything separate and rigged it all myself (paint job included). Lots of hours spent putting everything together but worth it in end!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 634
Awesome! Thinking of getting a roughneck ... would be great for the Yellowstone and Missouri ... but I'm worried how it would handle to a lake with decent size swells and ND winds :/

Ya the dog's trolling motor privileges have been revoked.

As for the rough water, the Roughneck handles it very well. I run it on Lake Lanier which is a VERY busy lake and it handles small to moderate wakes with ease. I have friends with Duracrafts and Trackers who say that this boat makes the world of difference when it comes to taking waves. Not saying it does not bang you around but I was surprised at how well it performed.

I like the boat and love the dog!

Boat looks great and it took me a minute to realize there was a dog in the pic :LOL2:

How does that tiller handle with that long are? I'd think it would be a little awkward trying to make tight turns, but I've never operated a setup like that.

@jigngrub - I was skeptical about the tiller extension at first since they say it was only rated for a 15hp, but it works great. I did have to replace the foam grip with a rubber bike grip, but other than that no problems.

@DrNip - Yes, that's a 30hp 4 stroke on a 5" hydraulic jack plate. Boat will idle in 5" of water with 3 guys on board!

Latest posts