Naming your boat - what did you do?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynoriega

Reaction score
So I got my name for my new boat.

For good luck, I heard you needed to have it on the boat for the maiden voyage...

I was thinking of painting it on the outside on the port and starboard sides back near the captains seat.. where the original alumacraft decals used to be...

I also considered the bottom outside below the transom wood... but obviously wont be visible unless its on the trailer...

Thoughts?

What have you done with your name?

If I were to name my boat and then if I were to get around and actually put it on the boat I would have it on the sides.

Depending on your lettering skills, you might consider using one of the thousands of decal makers you can find on Google. They're usually cheap, have UV resistant vinyl in many colors, and can make them the size you wish.

I put it on the outside transom. Check the bottom link.

Have fun.

I grew up sailing, new to powerboats. My father had a 28' Catalina when I was young and now a 38' Graves blue water boat. So to me the name only goes one place- on the stern. And the port of call (or where it sits on the trailer) needs to be under the name in smaller letters.

your local Sticker Sign Shop can provide you with the exact size
of vinyl PAINT MASK. You apply it to the hull like a sticker, peel off the tape,
and paint it however you like. Then remove the mask, presto-bango - done.
OR.... if you have a steady hand, very sharp exacto knife, you can cut
your own paint mask out of shelf liner paper with the adhesive back.
Starboard side, Port side, Both sides, Transom, it is you personal choice.

having only one granddaughter, a 7 year old red headed spitfire,
I named my boat Miss Emily - she says it will keep away the lake monsters - LOL.

Personally, I think that painting your boat name yourself just adds character

(but then again, I am a retired sign painter LOL )

There is nothing more grand
than to be just simply messing
around in an old boat.
POGO-1960

Mine will be named "My Flippin Boat!". My fiancé had a dream a few years ago that we were both at the house she grew up in, they lived on a community lake. She dreamt she was in a boat in the lake and I yelled for her to come get me.....she yelled back " No way, this is MY F"N BOAT!" Has been a running joke for some time now. When I pulled up in the driveway back in April with my tin...she said "What is that?"...I told her .."It's MY FN BOAT!"
So I think the name is fitting, I know what it means, but everyone else will think of "Flippin" meaning the bass fishing lingo.
I am going to stencil mine out and paint in on.

My first trip out I did not catch any fish, the second trip I caught one huge bass, an hour into the third trip we had yet to get a bite and my daughter named my boat "One Fish Wonder".

The fishing has greatly improved but the name stuck.

I think I'm going to do 'scrap' on the back of one pod and 'metal' on the other in reflective red. Or maybe 'Recycled' 'Runner', just not sure as everything on my hull came from something else.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=356502#p356502 said:
Ranchero50 » 29 minutes ago[/url]"]I think I'm going to do 'scrap' on the back of one pod and 'metal' on the other in reflective red. Or maybe 'Recycled' 'Runner', just not sure as everything on my hull came from something else.

I like "scrap metal" a lot. It also speaks to the spirit of this site and many of the projects people are doing.

Because my boat is so old and so long, I named it AlumaZilla. Had plenty of space to put on the sides of the boat.
My other choice was AlumaSarious Rex. It will go almost as shallow as a kayak with the motor up and the TM down.
Jerry

Attachments

• more AlumaZilla 002.JPG
    more AlumaZilla 002.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,036

Latest posts