Duroboat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuelleak

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to this site. I found this site trying to find information on a brand of boat that i have never heard of before. Duroboat. I have read the manufacturers info plus some very limited feedback from owners on line. What I am looking for is someone who owns and runs the 16W and how the like it. Are they as rugged and smooth riding as the manufacture claims? I have found a 3 yr. old 16W with a 40 Yamaha in nice shape pretty close to home but a bit afraid to pull the trigger until I hear a bit more about this brand. Its neither welded or riveted but has a unique series of aluminum frames that the sheets of aluminum are fit into. So if there are any owners out there that can give me some info I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

They've been around for 30 years. It would be hard for a company to survive that long if the product was no good.

I like the 16 and would certainly take a close look at it.

ETA:

From Duraboat site - 15 and 16 ft boats feature .072 to .077 bottoms and .063 sides and transoms.....

Also couldn't find anything about deadrise on their site.

That seems a little light. Most use 0.10.

Here's a thread from 2008

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3298

Thanks skiffing. Curious as to why they are not more popular. Im attracted to the weight. I need a boat that I can hump back onto the trailer after launching off steep sand and mud banks. Got a river up in this area that got great fishing but not a lot of boat ramps. Seems like the perfect boat for what I need. Plus I can tow it with my wifes Outback if I want to go long distance and not spend a fortune on gas.

I wouldn't be afraid to get one if the price is good! I checked out the site and they seem pretty well made. My Lund has similar hull thickness and is still going strong after 19 years. I also like the idea of having things that others don't. If you get it please post a bunch of pics.

I'm curious to know what the deadrise is. I like the way the hull is pleated and how the strakes are applied. I like the transom too.

What's is rated for weight & horsepower?

My 16' Monark has a 15* deadrise. It rides nice and isn't tippy. Rated 1200# and 40HP.

Latest posts