Seat pedestal removal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgpjr49

Reaction score
So I just bought a swivl eze pedestal set today and now the 11" post won't come out of the base. It's a locknplug style and I can't get it to come out no matter how hard I pull on it. There are no latches or anything else that seems I could somehow release it. Anyone have any ideas or just send it back immediately?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446343716.709964.jpg

I think you just need more leverage. Try putting a block under each end of the plate, then stand on the plate with both feet and pull the post out. It should be easier after the first few times.

There should be a hole in the bottom center of the base. Support the base and use a punch thru the hole. They are supposed to be tight but it should still release.

I have a wedge post and base that every time I use it, it is a bear to get back out.

Tried the standing on it and pulling it out and I see the 2 small holes, so do I just punch through them and it should release it somehow?

From the Q and A on the Cabela's site that you LINKED to....

"The Swivl-Eze Pin Pedestal Set Item: IK-010450 has a threaded base. It's manufacturers part number is 977339-T and those pedestals with a T at the end are threaded. Per the vendor, the threaded base will accept a pedestal with a non-threaded pin. Swivl-Eze 3/4" Pin Pedestal Bases under item number Item: IK-018804 are not threaded.
3 years, 7 months ago"

regards, richg99

I looked on there website and it says the one I have is the lock in pin style. But I still can't get it loose

Doesn't seem to be an easy answer....richg99

Quote from a bassPro help line....

"why does the pedastal get frozen in the base...ive replaaced it 4x now.
i cant get the post out of the base...it keeps getting frozen inside...what can i do to prevent it from my next replacement??? any kind of a lubricant i can use??? i mostly fish in salt water now with my aluminum bass boat"
asked 4 years, 1 month ago by f1sh - florida on Lock'N-Pin™ Seat Base Plate

"Per the manufacturer, the plastic bushing will swell a little making it hard to remove the post. You might lightly sand or file the bushing or call the manufacturer and they could send some new ones."
Thanks
Contact Attwood: 616-897-2303 www.attwoodmarine.com
Staff Answer
answered 2 years, 7 months ago by BPSResource7 - Springfield, MO

If you turn the base upside down can you see the bushing and the bottom of the pin?

The one I have that is still in the package I can see straight thru the bushing and the bottom of the pin on the pedestal is exposed.

If it is not a screw in base then you are going to have to beat it out. There is no mechanical lock.

https://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/lock-n-pin/pedestal-packages

Latest posts