Added a step on my tongue....trailer tongue, that is...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
I did this same type of addition on my previous trailer. Hardest part was finding the galvanized L brackets. Amazingly, Home Depot was the only place around that had them.

Please note that the step is offset to the Starboard side. That was necessary to give the trailer wheel bracket room to swing up and down.

richg99

Attachments

• IMG_20160203_114340.jpg
    IMG_20160203_114340.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,704
  • IMG_20160203_122958.jpg
    IMG_20160203_122958.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,704
  • IMG_20160203_122414.jpg
    IMG_20160203_122414.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,704
  • IMG_20160203_125051.jpg
    IMG_20160203_125051.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,704
That's a cool idea Rich. I bet that comes in pretty handy.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

That is a great idea. I don't know how many times I have walked that beam either to adjust the front of the boat on the rollers or when fishing alone to get get up to the truck without stepping into the water.

Kudos my friend.

Rob

Great idea. I did similar with mine, though I didn't make a wider pad. I just stuck self-adhesive slip-not to the tongue. Never failed, I'd get out of the boat and head toward the truck while loading back onto the trailer and I almost always step on the tongue, then into the truck bed. The trailer is powder coated so it's slicker than greased owl snot. The non-skid stuff worked excellent. It's about like sandpaper with adhesive backing; most hardware stores carry it. Mine works well but I might have to re-work it with a bolt-on step. Thanks for sharing!

I'm old, I'm slow,.... my wife has projects for me too. Ha Ha

Should get the new deck topper in this week.
Have to add a "bridge" over the well in front of the outboard.
Putting a new gas tank in. The new tanks have a new "valve" fitting needed.
More rod holders with pliers holders attached.
I already added, but did not photograph, my new trailer-recovery-straightener.
Lots more to come.

regards, richg99

I bought one exactly like it from ETrailers.com and I love it. Got a bum right hip and knee and need all the help I can get getting in and out of the boat. I typically do my own fabrication for little things like this but it didn't even occur to me to do this one myself for some reason. Good job.
Also could have used my spare tire as a step but it wouldn't have gotten me half way to the boat like my step does.

Latest posts