Where to find this rod holder.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water bouy

Reaction score
Can't seem to find these and they used to be common.

MW1FaiPl.jpg

That's the best pic I could find of my previous boat. The black piece was hard plastic and the bottom piece flips up. Simple and inexpensive ... probably why I can't find them.

Found a side view. Looks like I had something wrapped around around the bottom of that one. A white conduit stops against the black piece. I think I had six of those on that boat.

NZQc5ebl.jpg

That was a sweet boat, a 1994 Lowe 1605 with a 50 hp.

Xq1Yji8l.jpg

I fished with a guide a week ago for Hybrids on Lake Conroe in TX. I believe that he had those same rod holders on his boat. I sent him a message to see if he has the name/brand/source. I'll let you know his response. richg99

I had some of those on a Ranger back in the early 90's purchased from Bass Pro. Had some reds pull rods out of em. At that time they was advertised as the best rod holder going. I contacted them about my problem of rods being jerked out but never heard back from them. I've not seen any for sale in a number of years.

Too bad if they stopped making them for that reason. I bought a couple of these and decided they wouldn't work well for trolling and rods could come out with a bounce. And they could snag a bunch of lures when casting.

Lyh2cHAl.jpg

Those rod holders are not BeeReady, I've been sponsored by BeeReady for over 15 years. I consider BeeReady to be the best for my way of fishing, others like Driftmaster, Scott, Monster, or something else. Just make sure your rod holders will not let your rod&reel slip or be pulled out.

These look promising so I ordered them off ebay. If they work on the oar locks I may add a couple of oar locks and put one under the head of the PowerDrive and make a support for it. I can see how the shaft might bend eventually.

WniOEzOl.jpg

"i can't figure out how those Bee Readys keep a rod from going overboard."
When a fish gets on a rod in the BeeReady the harder it pulls the more it pulls the rod down against the back of the handle. Biggest fish I've caught so far is a 64.8# blue cat and it couldn't pull it out. Now if a fish could jump up in the air about 10-15 ft. and put a straight pull then it could pull it out.

I took one of those off an old fiberglass boat today...probably late 70's model?

Latest posts