Does anyone keep a log book for their boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyCutter

Reaction score
I'm curious whether anyone keeps a log book for their boat? Combined with an hour meter, it would help track maintenance and warranty items. A guy could also keep maps of the lakes he frequents inside the log book. It would be kinda novel to review past trips and lessons learned periodically.

I keep a log of maintenance/warranty items along with receipts, etc. Originally I was going to track hours because I don't have an hour meter. Didn't take long for me to get behind on that. Getting an hour meter is another one of those things on my "to do" list.

My fish finder has maps of the lakes I frequent. I can mark "hot spots" but seldom do that. I rely on my memory instead, which is far from a fool proof method. Haha. I think it would be kind of interesting to maintain the fishing log you mention with hot spots, lessons learned, baits that worked, etc. Would be something great to pass on to others.

I do. I keep a logbook of every boat, vehicle, and trailer i own full of receipts and maintenance records. My electronics on the boat keep all my hotspots. My mind keeps very good track of equipment used lol

i also keep a log of my boat/engine. i do it for my vehicles too. gave up keeping a fishing log when i relized how many times i got skunked. was too depressing looking back. my buddy tried it for a while too, he reliized same thing i did , boy we get skunked alot!

When I inherited my uncle's 1988 Mako 231 there were 3 giant Rubbermaid containers in the console. They contained every reciept for every service, every part, every nut and bolt ever put on the boat since it was bought in 1987. It also had old fishing charts with notes, and marks all over them dating back to the mid 70's. The boat was used to fish offshore around the coast of Georgia, and all over the panhandle of Florida.

It's kinda hard to imagine getting around 30 miles offshore with nothing but a compass and a chart.

I kept most of the charts. One day all have them framed.

Latest posts