beaver tail pods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abevelheimer

Reaction score
got a guy that can custom make me a set for 350ish bucks installed and weleded to my boat any thoughts?

That sounds about right, mine ended up costing close to that much when I figure in the extra materials not to mention my labor which I don't count.

jim I will most likely do the 16footer for sure the 12footer eh I had thought about selling it but I got to thinking if its just me going out on small lakes and such I don't need the 16footer so I may keep the 12footer and just make it electric only it depends I may do the 12footer but if I pbalance the weigth in the 12footer I don't thinkit'll be a issue the 16 will be more of a friends/family barge so for the price he offered it dosent seem like a bad idea

I got them on mine
31ffd02c2ed33e385c04b9efa4331e06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What function do pods serve? Are they like trim tabs to help plane the boat or are they filled with floatation to keep the transom end higher in the water?

Sonny, floatation pods are simply sealed aluminum pods which are completely empty on the inside. Since they're sealed, there's no need to add floatation. They're primary function is positive floatation to offset excess weight in the rear of the boat. Float pods also act somewhat like trim tabs, but only if installed correctly. Another advantage I've heard of, but haven't experienced myself, is that it allows you to run your engine higher. The pods function similar to a tunnel hull, which allows you to raise the engine slightly if you have a jack plate.

evansjoem said:
I got them on mine

Evan,

do those pods add any kind of stability to your semi V when you're standing on the decks?

Tman said:
evansjoem said:
I got them on mine

Evan,

do those pods add any kind of stability to your semi V when you're standing on the decks?
yes the boat doesn't rock back and forth too much helps with stability

Two people is better seems like the more weight better stability

What I like about them on my 1652 Weld-Craft. Even with the engine mounted 2" above the transom it never ventilates, even in the sharpest turns at higher speeds. The hull is 16'-3" and the pods add 21" for a total of 18', It handles like a 18' boat not a 16' boat. I shopped exclusively for a rig with pods because my private ramp at our fish camp has a very steep final grade to the water. With the added flotation of the pods I never get water over the transom when launching. So if you launch at "iffy" ramps the pods help a lot.

evansjoem said:
I got them on mine

Those pods look good on your Rich Line. I'm thinking a pair are in order for me as well.

Latest posts